Chapter 8- Sneaking In

We were wet. He was holding the green creature hanging in the air. I feel pity for it as it was struggling for its life.

"What will you do to it?" I asked him. I was sitting beside the pool while I took off my damp running shoes. I can't believe that it ended this way. Maybe I was bound to fail and heaven don't want him to be my first kiss. Ellie will be laughing out loud when I tell her this.

"We will roast it and eat it together," he said coldly. I gazed at him but his face was unreadable. Poor frog, to suffer the wrath of a tyrant king was an abominable faith.

"Not in the million years Sir," I replied. My clothes were soaked and I was freezing. I must get out of here! I raised and stiffened when I saw Fitzgerald took off his shirt. He was so beautiful like a sculpture of Adonis. He has a lean muscular body and his abdominal muscles were so defined. I was tempted to touch it, but I control myself before I can do such nonsensical things. I would not allow myself to submerge in lustful thoughts.

I grasped my shoes and got upright, not looking at anything but his face. It was tempting to look at his body but I must resist this temptation.

"I must go, Sir," I said firmly. I have still a mission to do and staying here won't get me to anything further.

"You change your clothes first," he adjured, looking at my drenched clothes.

"I will change in my apartment Sir," I answered walking away from him, but he held my hand and stopped me.

"You're a stubborn woman," he stated irritatingly.

"And you're a domineering man," I answered back.

"Answer me back more and you're fired," he challenged. He is a tyrant indeed! I tighten my jaw showing my annoyance to him.

Then a butler came with two white towels in his arms. Fitzgerald grabbed it and cover it to his back. He grasped the other towel and put it on my head.

"Thank you, Sir," I said in sarcasm.

The butler guided me to the guest room together with the old maid named Ana.

"I'll prepare everything you'll need Miss Miller. Don't worry I'll dry clean you're clothes and your shoes. You can take shower while I ready everything," she said courteously with a smile. I nodded like a good little preschool girl and I was left alone in the room.

It was a simple room and everything was tinted with white.  From the four-poster double size bed to the bedside table and the lamp. The sofa was white and the vanity dresser too, except for the carpet that was dyed with beige.

I went to a bathroom and took a shower. All that I needed was there, from shampoo to a disposable toothbrush. I finished showered and wore the bathrobe that was hanging. I put my damped clothes in a laundry basket. I will just get it later.

As I went to the bed, I saw a set of clothes. There were underwears too. I felt embarrassed but I have no choice but to wear it.

I made sure that the door was lock before I change clothes. So, there was a three-set of dresses. Ana must have a keen eye for fashion. I chose the white cold shoulder mini dress matched it with white strappy sandals. The other two dresses were also adorable but I'm not fond of the colour pink and yellow.

I sat down on the vanity mirror and blow-dried my hair. It took me a half-hour to dried my hair because it's too long that it already reached my waist. I must go to a hairdresser in my spare time to cut it and dyed it again.

All was done and I'm ready to go.  Ana took my damped clothes and shoes and said I have to wait another half hour.

I got nothing to do. I lied down to the bed while waiting for Ana. It's been an exhausting morning and my body was already worn out. I closed my eyes and slowly I was drifted to sleep.