Chapter 19- The Man with a Cane

Dragon?

What the heck does it mean? Whatever it is, only Sebastian Fitzgerald can answer it.

I exhaled and threw my body on the bed. I guess I need to continue to spy on the Fitzgeralds. I was about to shut my eyes when my phone buzzed.

It was Adrian who's calling. I promised to call him when I got home but I forgot it because of his brother and Ellie. I sighed when I remembered Timothy.

"Hello," I answered the phone.

"Hello Niñita. Did you already got home?" Adrian asked.

"Yes, thank you for the dinner earlier. I did enjoy it," I replied.

"Me too. I'm sorry that I didn't drive you home," he apologized.

"I already said earlier that it is okay. So stop apologizing," I stated.

"You're a hot-tempered woman," I can hear him chuckled from another line.

Then a video request appeared on my screen. I accepted it and then I saw Adrian's face. Even though his dirty blonde hair was a kind of messy, he really looks handsome on it. He was sitting on his bed and I can't stop myself to gawked when I saw his shirtless body. He has the body of a Greek god that can be seen in the museum.

Oh God, I'm being a lustful woman. Good thing we are in person. He would not notice that I'm looking at his body. I tried to focus my eyes on his face. His face has a similarity to his brother but I can tell that Adrian is more charming and friendly. Maybe we could be friends if he isn't a Fitzgerald.

'Man and woman can never be friends' the voice of my boss appeared.

Screw you, Timothy! Why do you keep invading my mind? I erased the thoughts of him and gazed at Adrian instead.

"You look so tired," I said.

"You look so beautiful," he flattered giving me his charming smile.

"You really know how to flatter a woman. So how is your mother?" I asked.

"She is okay now. Hey Bella, what did Jay-Z call his girlfriend before they got married?" He questioned. He was avoiding the subject. I decided not to push through. It may be a sensitive matter for him.

"What?" I lifted my brow.

"Feyonće," I laughed at him.

"You're funny," I stated.

"Glad that I made you laugh," he said.

I spent an hour talking to Adrian on my phone. It's never been bored talking to him. Even at that moment, I forgot I was Bella and I was being myself. He was funny, unlike his brother that is bipolar.

I yawned and looked at the time. It was already twelve midnight. Another day had passed. Time for me to get some rest. The good night Dad. I hope you and Mom were happy wherever you are. Then bit by bit I was drifted to sleep.

* * * * *

Bloody hell! I am already late and it was because my phone didn't alarm. Without bothering to put on makeup and just my eyeglasses I rushed as fast I can to call a cab. My clothes were wrinkled and I straighten it with my hands.

At the time of eight-thirty, I arrived at the company. I dashed into the office room and at the moment I was standing at the front door, I was already panting.

Dang it! Timothy would definitely scold me or worst he would fire me.

I entered hurriedly and knocked on the adjoining door. Without waiting for him to say anything, I went inside feeling breathless.

"I'm sorry. I'm late sir," I apologized without looking at him. I was standing in front of his desk where he was busy reading some documents. He looked up at me and lifted his brows. Our eyes collided and suddenly I remembered how his lips felt to mine. I am like butter that ready to melt anytime.

Damn! You are a strong independent woman Gabriela. Don't fall for his charm!

"You are thirty minutes late," he stated as he stood up and leaned over me.

Okay stay hold. Don't look at his lips and never grab his neck no matter what. You are a woman with principles!

I find it hard to breathe looking at his pretty face. Why is he so attractive?

"Are you listening Miss Miller?" his voice rose that made my heart jumped.

"Yes sir. I promise I will not be late again," I apologized. I looked down like a child scolded by her mother for not behaving properly. What the heck! Why was that I felt intimated by him?

"Good. Next time I won't hesitate to fire you," he said coolly. How can he be so collected after we shared that kiss? And why I am so affected?

"Proofread all these documents and make sure there's no error," he ordered while handing me a white folder.

"Yes Sir," I replied grabbing the files.

"Did you eat your breakfast?" he asked. I looked at him with knitted brows and shook my head.

"Eat this," he ordered as he gets a box under his table and gave it to me. I opened it and found out it was a box of chocolate muffins.

"Muffins," I smiled brightly at him.

"Someone gave it to me but I already ate my breakfast," he explained.

"Thank you, Sir," I said gleefully. I can't help but smile at him.

"Now, get back to work. I won't hesitate to fire you if you continue to slack off," he stated while sitting down again.

"Yes Sir," I hissed and walked away from him holding the box of muffin and the folder.

I thought he was being sweet but I'm wrong. I guess he doesn't like to eat muffins. If he would not eat, then I will.

I sat down at my desk and munched the delicious muffin that my boss gave. I sighed when I remembered I've got two days to go before the birthday of my Uncle Arturo.

I must forget it for now and focus on my work or else Timothy will fire me.

* * * *

My day at work was about to end. It was a tiring day but I noticed that Timothy was a little bit easy at me compared to the last time. He even said please which gave me a shock. Maybe I was beginning to get his trust.

Just a little bit push Bella.

I was tidying my workplace and readying myself to go home when an unexpected guest arrived. My eyes widen and my stomach tightens seeing his intimidating face.

After five years that passed, he looks still the same. Black hair with a beard, thick brows and threatening dark blue eyes. He was tall like Dad but he has a frightening presence that can make anyone tremble his knees. He was holding a wooden cane and tapped it while looking at his surrounding. He stopped as he notices my presence. He was narrowing his eyes, studying my face.

"Good Afternoon Sir," I greeted Uncle Arturo trying to sound calm as I can be.  He was walking in my direction and a chill run through my body. He stopped and stared at me shamelessly.

"What is your name?" he asked with a wicked smile on his face.

~End of Chapter 19~

I'm sorry for the late update guys. I'd been busy this past few days.

Anyway, thank you for reading.