11 | passing sun

"What the fuck," Sora groaned loudly in the café, receiving a few stares in his way. "I can't do this. I need to drown in one of Sakura's coffee if possible."

"Dude," Yui deadpanned as she clicked her pen. "It's only the first question."

"So?!" Sora buried his head in his textbook, tapping furiously on his calculator. "Who the hell invented Math in the first place?"

"Egyptians," Riku said as he laid on the sofa while twirling his pen with his fingers.

"Shut up, Einstein," Sora scoffed.

Sakura only stared at the three of them with a rather jaded look, their personages scattering all over the place.

It was Thursday, and ever since then, she's been burying herself in her studies despite the constant part-time work she had to do. They had tests coming up followed by exams. Ever since their homeroom teacher gave them the timetable for their exams, they realized they have about less than a month to prepare, only yanking Sora's soul out of his body—hence why he was suffering at the moment. They decided to study in the cafe instead of the library, making Sakura roll her eyes in realization that they wanted free coffee and desserts as well since she work there.

"If you get the five questions done, I'll get you a cheesecake," she shouted from the counter, smirking when she saw Sora quickly turning his head at her with a sceptical look.

"Bitch, you tryna bribe me?"

"Nah, just being a good friend.. or a motivator." She continues wiping the porcelain cups on the counter.

He narrowed his eyes while Riku and Yui only looked at him smugly, causing the ash-grey haired boy to groan in return.

"Fuck you guys," he huffed and picked up his pen to start doing his revision.

Sakura chuckled in amusement at the sight of three of them, wondering how they became close friends in the first place. She placed the fragile cups back to the cabinets, sighing in relief when she was done with extra work, leaning against the counter.

Needless to say, Sakura felt.. wholesome.

But she couldn't get her hopes up. Even if she's having a splendid day, there's always a predator around the corner to catch its prey. And it always happens when she least expect it, like when she feels happy for temporarily she forgot about everything only to be snatched away in the blink of an eye.

A small vibration came from her pocket, automatically putting away her water bottle and took out her phone. As soon as she checked who it was, she wasn't surprised, but a chuckle escaped her lips when she read the text.

Kirishima Eijirou
"yo!!! sorry if I haven't been coming to blackbox lately bc my internship got into some serious stuff. I miss drinking lattes btw ☹️ idk when I'll be back but it's gonna be soon for sure. don't miss me too much yuki huehue 😝"

She shook her head as another chuckle left her lips again.

Yuki Sakura
"chill big guy and who said I miss you? kidding, but you shouldn't be obliged to come to the café lmao I mean you're the one who came here often in the first place."

Kirishima Eijirou
"so mean 😑 anyway I gotta go, got another meeting. see u soon yukiiiiii 🤙🏼"

Yuki Sakura
"same goes for you loser. All the best for your internship ✌🏼"