24 | momentary suns

"Sakura-chan, wanna see something manly?"

She rose an eyebrow.

Eijirou picked up a random small rock and chucked it into the air before he swung his hardened hand, hitting the rock like a baseball. The rock then glides through the air, falling into the smooth sea, metres away from the steep cliff they were on.

"Homerun!" The redhead cheered, his arms lifted around like an overly-excited kid.

"...You're so lame."

His radiant expression gloomed. "A-Am not! Stop saying that!"

"Nah," she chuckled as he pouted at her, folding his arms like a little kid.

Instead of going home straight after closing as usual, Eijirou insisted on hanging out for a while at the cliff. Though deep down she had a pretty bad feeling about it since this was the usual routine, but he reassured her that it wouldn't be a problem.

Still, as the minute passes by like the waves crashing over below, the natural raincloud above her loomed faster than before, knowing that whatever her parents had seen might have caused a conflict in their perspectives. She couldn't do anything about it despite the fact that she could actually predict it since it was the same old thing, but even so, all she had to do was focus on what's right in front of her.

Of course, Kirishima Eijirou accompanies the lone, frail soul who had her raincloud dissipate just a little. All these luna night walks on the way home after dusk was something she's growing to be grateful for, and she doesn't think she'd ever get tired of it.

Even if the world stops, she'd still look at him like he was the only hope.

Because no matter where she goes, with the light presence in the dark, she seemed to forget about everything—the voids, the tottering nights, the silent laments, the shattered minds and even all of herself.

It's as if, she was being saved from who she's supposed to be.

It was something she realized earlier in Blackbox, when his presence meant so much more.

And it made her heart cry a little.

Why are you doing this to me..? I don't deserve this.

"Sakura-chan!! You're zoning out again."

"What?" She blinked out of her reverie.

"You look a little gloomy there," he perked up as he sat down beside her. "Wanna talk about it?"

Their hands in between them brushed a little, and she almost flinched at the contact. A small stressful sigh escaped her lips.

"It's nothing," she gives him a small smile, glancing at the reflection of the moon on the sea.

"You sure?" She felt him bump her shoulder, making her glance at him in confusion.

He was smiling a little, the moonlight illuminating part of his features, brows lifted a bit to confirm her thoughts.

The smile on her lips broadened a little.

"Yeah."

"Okay then," he stood up from his seat. "Let's go. It's getting late already."

And then he offered his hand, surprising her a little. She froze a little at this, noticing his little gesture. She looked up at him to see him smiling again—which she thinks the sun will ever stop—and the moment she gingerly accepted his hand, the smile on his lips broadened too.

The same unknown feeling bloomed again.

Sakura quickly shut her eyes closed at this, suppressing it deep into the void.

And so, the same silhouettes began walking on the same path, attaining and blending with every shadow that the moonshine created from its stunning radiance that only exists at this hour.

Although there was another storm brewing in the distance, the sailors could only glance at their new captain with hope.

The storms at night were far more brutal than during daylight where everything seems less harmful because the sailors could see where they're going. The crashing waves were harsher, and it makes it harder for the ship to stabilize everyone on the ship, holding on to anything to prevent them from sweeping their lives away. The life underneath was a mystery, but everyone knew that it was far more terrifying—seeing a menacing angler fish that could swallow the sailors whole.

But all of that wouldn't happen if Sakura could really just hold on. Hold on to the new captain who was busily barking orders, a hint of impatience and anxiety dripping their voice. It was a demented Rockabye, and everyone was praying for their own lives.

But of course, the raging waves wouldn't stop. It wasn't because of the crazy winds.

It was because the moon was controlling the tides all along.

So the sailors wouldn't have to worry about the waves, they would have to worry about the full, dazzling moon that lucents in the starry map that leads the sailors to the land of oasis, wondering why something called a beautiful phenomenon can be this dangerous.

Well, that's probably because the man in moon was crying after the goddess left their fated dance.

That's what actually happened when Eijirou and Sakura were about to part ways.

"Before I forget," he said. "The festival my school's preparing is in about three weeks."

She rose an eyebrow in curiosity at this. "...And?"

"I want you to come. You can bring along your friends too," he sent her a small smile, placing a hand behind his neck. "I can't spill much but it's pretty exciting. You're gonna love it."

"Still though.. It's in three weeks.."

"Shut up," he ruffled her hair immediately after that. "I don't care if it's too early to ask. I just wanna make sure."

"I get it." She chuckled lowly.

A small sigh left his lips, his ruby gaze locking with hers. "See you when I see you, Sakura-chan." And then he brought up his fist.

She did the same, but hesitantly this time because she could notice how different his voice sounded, like how less energetic it was, making questions wander around her mind endlessly.

"See you when I see you, Eijirou-san." Their fists connected as she smiled weakly, realizing that the storm brewing around the corner was getting closer.

The redhead gave her one last smile, a smile she'd found to admire, and it was strange admitting that because every time the corners of his lips curled up, it brought her at ease.

Don't go.

And then the redhead turned around, walking down the same deserted path.

The smile on her lips faltered a little.

Then, she forced herself to turn around and walk around the corner, ignoring the pang in her chest when the sailors find themselves sailing into the same storm despite the efforts of the new captain trying to steer themselves away.

Once she walked towards the door and opened it, both of her parents were sitting on the couch in the living room, glancing in her direction when they heard the door open.

"Sakura."

The look on their faces was grim, but she knew a very familiar expression that seemed to plaster on their faces no matter how much she tried to faze it—disappointment.

She took a deep breath by the nose, bracing herself for another anguish night.

"We need to talk."

__________

Song: 26 // Paramore