35 | thrilling hearts

The golden sun filtered through the window into the dim room, painting its walls, floor and bedsheets with the hues of a vast field of wheat that rivals the curtains of her ocean blue hair vaguely hindering her hazy vision. Drowsy hazelnut eyes accompanied by scrunched brows instantly closed when they gazed into the sunlight for too long, pulling the warm covers closer to her reclining position and over her head, smothering her ears from the rowdy alarm.

Just five more minutes..

A vibration was felt near her head.

She groaned loudly in exasperation, begrudgingly rolling to the other side, her eyes still closed.

Another vibration.

She painfully ignored it.

Another one.

Giving in, Sakura shot up from her reclining position, huffing in annoyance as she scratched her head, not bothering about the mess of her ocean blue hair. She lazily glanced at her phone by the pillow, glaring at it for a good few seconds before she snatched it from its position and unlocked it.

But then, the scowl lingering on her face faltered as the corners of her lips curled up the second she saw a text.

emo-san
"morning sakura-chan!!!"

emo-san
"blackbox after school today?"

A chuckle burst out of her lips when she had forgotten she changed his contact name.

Yuki Sakura
"yeah (: see you there"

emo-san
"roger that!"

Her gaze stayed fix on his text, suddenly feeling blank for a while.

And then it hit her.

"I'm seeing him again?" She wondered out loud, warmth seeping into her chest. She glanced at her phone again. "Holy shit, I am."

For the first time in a while, she hopped out of her bed and immediately got ready for school while blasting some music from her phone, still feeling the stretch from the corners of her lips.

There was something Sakura realized about her, about herself and she didn't know if she should feel peculiar about it or grateful.

In fact, of all the mornings she has dreaded in the aftermath of endless battles that raged on during the silent nights, this kind of morning she was going through was much more lively and kinder than the rest. Though somewhat she could still feel the usual lethargic wave crashing over her, but not as strong as before. It was somehow overwhelmed by something. Something more. And she knew the answer was right in her mind the whole time.

What was it about the smile she was wearing earlier? It was new, wasn't it? Her mornings are usually just plain boring and irritating by her crappy side of life, looking forward to nothing except for a few friends and other things that bring a little sunshine into the rain.

But this time, Sakura was looking forward to something more. More than before and it was nerve-wrecking and thrilling. Because she knows now that this isn't just 'a little sunshine'.

It was the Sun that outshines before the rain even came, even when the rain didn't occur in the first place.

The thought of seeing Kirishima Eijirou again after two days—yesterday he couldn't make it to the café because of the festival's preparations—excites her, and her mind was jumbled up the whole time.