26 | sun anchors

As a pair of stony eyes were captivated by the lucent moon, a pair of ears listened to the tidal waves crashing softly against the rocky shore underneath the steep cliff from where they sat, the frigid wind wailing in the atmosphere as misty clouds drifted slowly and obscure part of the luminous moon that's staring down at the two teens and the city behind them.

Sakura knows one might get sick and tired of her admiring the moon all the time, wondering what was so special about the planetoid hanging around in the sky at this point of time every single night, wondering why she gets so curious about the rabbit figure stamped on the moon like an easter egg in the sky, wondering how the moon dominates the waves of the deep cerulean ocean.

She honestly doesn't think she has a reason to admire the moon.

She thought it's the only thing that could put an ounce of contentment in her so, so, weary heart and soul.

But of course, she wasn't forgetting something else as she sat on the sturdy bench made for two.

Another soul accompanied her once again, and it was a little too perfect for her right now.

Because she needed someone, specifically him, to hold her as she let her heart rest while admiring the moon.

"You seem quiet today," Eijirou broke the long silence with a soft, gentle tone that emanates the warmth throughout her entire system. "Are you tired?"

Despite the heaviness in her eyes, she meets his gaze that's always full of wonder. "Nope. I'm just.."

She trailed off, not knowing how to respond.

Tired of everything?

She stared at his moonlit features for a moment.

"...I don't know," she lets out a low chuckle, glancing away.

Maybe because you're here, I don't know whether to take this life as a dream or a nightmare.

But I know I'll never get tired of it.

"Hm," he tilted his head a little. "Maybe you need another cup of Chocolate Mocha Frappe."

A small chuckle slipped into the frigid air. "Idiot. I'd get sugar rush at this timing if I do."

"Nah, I don't think so. You're probably on that time of the uh.. month..?" He sheepishly grinned at her with a nervous look, yet he could still look so annoyingly adorable.

She froze at the thought.

"I'm not, idiot." She bumped his shoulder. "I just.. didn't want to think about anything else.."

"O-Oh, I see.." The redhead chuckled nervously beside her. "I mean—don't get me wrong but you looked sad earlier. You didn't see me walking into the café but.. I saw the way you look when you walk into the staff room.. I-I just thought I could make you happy by buying you your favourite drink.."

She ignored the strange flutters of wings bending her heartstrings.

"Sorry if I sound like I'm intruding.." he placed a hand behind his neck out of habit. "I hate it when I see you get sad. I mean.. why do nice people like you get sad? You don't deserve that."

Ah, butterflies.

Another nervous chuckle left his lips as he let a grin form on his lips. "Sorry! I sound like I'm rambling but I kinda just wanted to let you know that. I wanted to tell you about the stupid things that happened during rehearsals today but I guess now is not the time.."

A grateful smile slowly formed on her lips. "It's fine. I appreciate that. Thanks though. It made me feel better."

"Good to know, Sakura-chan," he grinned, showing his rare sharp teeth that one wouldn't find from another someone like him.