27 | flowerful revival

"What?"

"I said, you're getting two weeks off."

"But why?"

"First of all, your exams are over so I'm giving you a mini vacation for yourself. Secondly, Reo's finally back and he's going to make up the work he missed by taking over your position for these two weeks. Thirdly, you and Kirishima need to start dati—"

"I'm gonna pretend I never heard that last sentence but okay, fine, but why am I hearing this now?"

"Because I can."

"Thanks, Haru-san. That's very informative."

"It's Haru."

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." Sakura rolled her eyes. "So why did Reo finally decided to show up after all this time?"

A sigh left her lips, playing with her pink hair for a moment. "He said he's always busy with college. He's saying that as if he has no sense of commitment."

"Then that means he has no commitment for other things," she said, raising an eyebrow as she did.

"Sakura.." Haru sighed again, a solemn and conflicted look in her gaze as she pouted her lips a little, knowing well on what the young girl was referring to.

All the time she's been working in Blackbox, she'd only seen the glasses guy for at least four or five times. He was practically a stranger to her, only seeing him on irregular days. They exchanged a few words on the days they worked together, but they were somewhat unnatural and awkward, probably because of the huge age gap, or maybe because he himself was already awkward enough.

But then again, who was she kidding, sometimes Haru and Reo hang out after work. Probably places where young adults like them hang out at sleepless bars to talk about meaningless shit one would forget after drinking down a glass of sweet venom. Sakura doesn't know what exactly is their relationship, but she could only hope that if Haru really did drink sweet venom with Reo after a day's work, she won't spill out anything that only her heart could hold.

If she did, then all Reo could ever do is pretend as if he hadn't heard her words, even if it means killing him by each second.

Because Akari and Sakura know that Haru is just as sad as the blue girl was, but over something that Haru probably knew she won't achieve.

But then again, that depends on the lady herself and the man who was oblivious to almost everything.

"Sorry not sorry," Sakura shrugged. "But maybe you should knock some sense into him. I mean, take advantage of these two weeks to fix his habit. Sometimes you guys drink together right?"

"Well, yeah—"

"Then make the first move then! You know he's technically a dumbass, right?"

"H-Hey, don't say that," the manager flustered.

"Ugh, who am I kidding? I'm just a lonely high school girl. I know nothing about love," Sakura sighed, pressing her hand against her head.

"You're one to talk," Haru clicked her tongue as she scowled at her.

She furrowed my brows. "What?"

"Kirishima, the redhead. As if you guys don't give each other lovey-dovey looks all the time."

The corners of her lips almost twitched at the mention of the boy with the colour of a Lycoris.

"Fuck no. He's just a friend. How many times do I have to say that?" The young girl denied her statement.

"Fuck yes and please, the look on your face is so obvious every time I see you two on break. Plus, doesn't it hurt to keep saying that he's just a friend?"