36 | blooming moons

Panicked screams overlapped the crashing waves on the shore below while a small chuckle escaped her lips when her gaze fixed on Eijirou's figure in the midst of falling. Sighing, she spread her arms, before she purposely leaned her weight forward, letting herself dive into his direction with the dark blue sea filling her gaze. The howling wind harshly made in contact, causing her to squint her eyes as she focused on the redhead's flailing figure, obviously scared to his death.

Sakura closed her eyes for a moment.

I just gotta do this huh?

Upon reaching his body, she quickly clutched his hand, feeling her heart skip when she realized they were almost dropping into the ocean waters, and swiftly activated her quirk at the last second.

"W-Whoa!" He breathed when he scanned his surroundings, his gaze slowly making its way to her.

Golden sparkles like the stars raining glitters trailed from her fingertips, slowly circling around Eijirou, shimmering particles kissing his skin that gave his skin a glow, making those ruby irises of his stand out more than they could. His gaze held so much wonder and astonishment as he looked at her, lips parted ever so slightly to finally take in what was happening.

"We're.. flying."

"Yeah."

Chuckles erupted from their lips.

Sakura could sense the apprehension in his voice, but she squeezed his hand which caused him to stop darting his gaze at the height they were at, locking his gaze with hers as the moon in the sky reflected his pupils. She ignored the way her heart was behaving, letting out a shaky breath as she lets the next few words guide him.

"Now, I want you to think of anything that makes you happy."

She received a confused look in return.

"Um," Sakura glanced away for a moment. "I'm holding you only because I'm helping you to fly.. and if I let go now, you'd fall."

"But still.. why?" He chuckled nervously, still clutching both of her hands like his life depended on it, even though they were just floating still in the air.

She gave him a small smile. "I can explain while we explore the skies. Just think of anything."

"Okay.." He let out another chuckle.

Then, he closed his eyes, taking a deep breath.

It felt like a minute as she watched him quietly, her gaze trailing over his soft features, lingering on the small scar above his eye. Seeing him up close like this was something she has already gotten used to, but she will never get tired of it.

No matter what, he would always be her masterpiece.

And so, with his eyes still closed, a smile broke out of his lips.

Her lips did the same thing.

So beautiful.

"I thought of something. So now what?" He fluttered his eyes open, his bright smile lingering on his lips.

The golden sparkles from earlier suddenly appeared around him again, slowly raining down on him.

"Now, you can let go of me."

"A-Are you serious? I mean, is it okay if I just hold your hand and—"

"Eijirou-san," Sakura squeezed his hand in assurance. "You're a hero. And as a hero, you must have confidence and trust in yourself. You must live a life with no regrets." She recited Crimson Riot's words, remembering the conversation the both of them had in the café. "But when it comes to the support that you need, I'm here. Everyone that you've known in your life will be here. Right where your heart and soul lie."