44 |1| coffee therapy

Kirishima was craving for a cup of iced coffee.

"Go by yourself, damn it."

"Oh come on! I'll treat ya! Plus, each time you tutor me, I'll get you a free drink!"

Bakugou could only give the redhead a blank stare with his fixated ferocious scowl. Of course the damn insufferable shade of red from a certain guy would try to convince him otherwise or he would just keep begging and begging. Might as well go along with it.

"Fucking fine."

Kirishima grinned at him, and mostly to himself because he knew he was one of the few people that could get Bakugou out of his comfort zone. The blond was his bro after all and have been equals ever since the beginning of the year.

And again, the redhead was craving for a cup of iced coffee.

He didn't know why. The last time he drank something bitter was probably the time when he was stressing himself out for UA entrance exams. But nevertheless, here he was, in town in his uniform and with the usual cranky blond since they didn't bother to change in the dorms, strolling down the busy streets as cars dashed by, a small gust of the autumn wind grazing their cheeks.

Kirishima's gaze darted around for a certain store that recently opened. He heard about it from his other friend, Tetsutetsu, who happened to stumble upon the store and enthusiastically told the redhead about it. He was bragging about how good the coffee was, the heavenly desserts, the hippie vibe it got. Not to mention that even a man as manly as the both of them, Tetsutetsu mentioned a pretty girl working as a barista there.

Now, now. This isn't one of the reasons why Kirishima wanted to visit the new coffee shop. He really was looking forward to trying one of the drinks there—in which he finally remembers the name—Blackbox. He knew almost every coffee shops or cafes are where hipsters gather most of the time. And also, he wanted a decent place to study rather than in his bedroom because god, it was boring just staying inside his room all day.

Kirishima's eyes lit up when he saw the black sign hanging from the wall, indicating that both of them were reaching. The redhead was about to drag the agitated blond with him towards the doors of the new café, but then he saw an elderly with a crane standing by the side of the road, with an expression as if he was trying to walk but each time he tried to take a step, a horn blasted from a passing car.

Kirishima frowned at this.

And so, Kirishima decided to be the kind of man he was by doing whatever he can to become the best person he could be.

"Hey, Bakugou. Why not you go inside Blackbox and get us drinks first? I need to do something for a while. It won't take long," Kirishima sheepishly grinned at his grumpy friend who was giving him the usual 'fuckin' seriously?' expression while placing a hand on the nape of his neck.

"Whatever." And then Bakugou casually strode off with that poor posture of his which sometimes made the redhead wonder how he could live as an elderly as well with back problems.

Blinking back into focus, Kirishima quickly jogged towards the elderly he saw earlier, gently placing a hand on the old man's shoulder. "Sorry to bother you, sir, but um, you seemed to be having trouble trying to get somewhere..."

The man weakly glanced at him in which Kirishima's heart almost plummeted to his stomach, eyes widened as he focused on the pair of blank eyes of an old man.

Ah. So he's blind.

That's rude. The redhead internally rolled his eyes at his conscience, scolding himself for pointing out something of a flaw from a human being.