16 | stars & planets

The familiar throb lingering in the sockets of her hazel eyes automatically made her close them again in hopes to wake up from the endless nightmare she was walking on they call planet Earth—the planet of life.

A bitter chuckle was the first thing that left her lips when she had her arm drooped over her sorry eyes, wiping away the tears she didn't notice had fallen.

"Why am I still here?" The blue girl chuckled to herself again, despite the sorrow tugging at her heartstrings.

If she were to able to live on another planet, if she had the chance even despite the scientific logic about their conditions, she'd gladly live in Pluto.

So cold and alone, just like her.

A planet so small that no one could see it weeping behind Neptune.

But why would she want to live on a planet that isn't even considered a planet anymore? Why can't she just live in Mars like everyone else wanted to?

Right. Pluto doesn't fit in anymore. A species called Humans decided to cast it out just because Pluto isn't good enough to be called a planet. Pluto instead became useless and worthless.

Just like Sakura.

She got off the bed despite the weight bringing her down, getting ready for school and went downstairs for a small breakfast. She scanned the area to see that the house was empty, releasing a sigh of relief before walking to the fridge to grab a glass of milk.

She could still feel the puffiness around her eyes, but in her honesty, she's used to this. Right..?

Having breakdowns like the day before was painfully normal no matter how much she wanted to stop the misery caused by her own solitude. There are some days she woke up with dark circles and eye bags under her eyes, and there were rare times when she woke up with puffy eyes—because the result of a battle she'd been fighting for too long or in other words, bottling up her feelings for so long that even the sailor cried while reading the message in the bottle.

Gulping down the glass of milk, she grabbed her bag off the counter, walking to the door, but the girl halted in her tracks to look at herself into the mirror displayed by the door.

The weary girl stared into her own reflection—a messy midnight blue ponytail followed by the idle hazelnut eyes glimmered by crystalline tears. The girl blinked hard before forcing her lips to broaden.

From that moment, Sakura tried as best as she could to maintain the perfect smile.

__________

"Homeroom hour means doing your own revision. You can only speak with your classmates if you need help with revision. I expect no one to sleep during class. If nothing else, you can start your revision for your exams." The teacher then sat on his chair, busying himself with the papers on his desk.

A deep sigh left her lips as she glanced at the clock above him, just an hour left with school and she's off to work. She stares emptily on her table with a textbook in sight, propping her chin with her hand before rubbing her eyes that were frustratingly still throbbing from last night.

"Hey, Sakura. You know the equation to the—"

The blue girl glanced at Riku who was seated beside her, looking at her with a hint of concern glinting his emerald eyes, brows furrowed slightly.

She saw it coming either way.

Sakura simply smiled at him, nodding at the paper in his hand. "What was it that you want?"