47 |4| starry wonders

Golden wheat and mellow chirps greeted the sunny aurora that brought the redhead a lazy simper to crawl onto his lips, slowly blinking into wake as he felt his stiff muscles stretch to its extension in which it brought a sigh followed by an obnoxious yawn. His room—the walls, the ceiling, the table, the bed, the floor, the door and everything were adorned with just the golden filters painted all over as if a canvas was filled with just the golden wheat with a splash of vermilion and perhaps, a touch of cerulean.

Kirishima felt like the sun for once.

Ah. It's shining. It's smiling. It's cackling. It's singing. It's swaying. It's embracing everyone with its warmth and lustre. It's chasing the dusk. It's forming the dusk. It's scorching the demons. Its fragrance is yellow. Its hue is yellow. It is yellow.

Well, he's not yellow. Kirishima chuckled to himself. But he's the red sun—the king that could only exist majestically on the brink of twilight.

And when the night comes, the queen joins in to conquer the kingdom in the firmament; the blue moon.

Kirishima woke up to a sunny morning indeed, and he couldn't wait to sleep to a tranquil night. Perhaps, the redhead was in a good mood today.

Because he ended a crying battle with his gleaming sword, soared fire arrows into the medieval sky, roared with his comrades and marched down the path of victory in his shining armour.

"Hey, Kirishima! Great combat out there!" Sero high-fived the redhead with his signature grin, both sitting down on the ground in the midst of gamma field.

"Thanks," he grinned, pride glimmering in his gaze. "I almost flopped at the last minute but luckily Ojiro was there."

"Well, at least it's training," Sero added, slouching in his seating position. "Besides, you did pretty good on knocking Kaminari out."

"Hey!" The two boys turned their heads at the familiar voice. "Don't talk shit about me just because I'm dumb."

Sero rose an eyebrow, an amused smirk sending in Kaminari's way. "So you admit you're a dumbass?"

A peal of laughter slipped out of Kirishima's lips, ignoring the deadpan glare the blond was giving. "S-Sorry."

"I mean when I went dumb-dumb after I used too much electricity," Kaminari rolled his eyes when Sero gave him a perplexed look, trying his best to defend himself. "You know what, nevermind."

"Anyway," Sero began. "I finally got the new Spider-Man game. Drop by my room after this?"

"Holy shit yes," Kaminari's eyes widened when his friend mentioned about the latest game releases before turning to Kirishima with a roguish grin. "Bring Bakugou for us, will ya?"

The redhead chuckled at that, already having the scene enacted in his head when it comes to dragging the grumpy blond anywhere. "Yeah, yeah. Just let me get some coffee before I join you guys."

"Again?" Kaminari narrowed his gaze at him, along with Sero. "You know, I feel like you're growing up way too fast for a fifteen-year-old."

Kirishima let out another chuckle. "What do you mean?"

"He probably meant as if you're really becoming a man," Sero retorted.

"Exactly," Kaminari snapped his fingers.

"Uh, I already am...?"

Kaminari let out a groan. "Just—Fuck it. Whatever. Blackbox, wasn't it? That café you always go to?"

The redhead rose an eyebrow. "Yeah, what about it?"

"Why do I feel like something that only happens in the movies is happening in real life, and to you?"