She can't just leave me all alone

"Sometimes the heart finds rest in an illusion the brain has created to stop the pain"

Dedicated to teemabello

Third person's POV

Zach stared at the door waiting for his wife to walk in through that door and tell him that he has started hallucinating again,his wife was fine and nothing was true , but instead sadly his sister walked in, don't get him wrong, he loves her but she wasn't the one he wanted to see at this moment but she will do until she freaking breaks his heart by telling him about reality. Why can't we all just lie to save ourselves from breaking?, Why is this life so harsh?.

"Why am I here?, Where is Amal?, And the kids?" Zach asks the questions all at once, wanting to know yet he doesn't want to but then the sound of his sister cries broke him out his thoughts literally because that was when reality slapped him again.

"Why are you crying?, Is My wife not okay?" Zach asks this time he felt as if he was about to die, if he doesn't hear what he wants to hear yet life isn't so nice.

"I'm so sorry Zach" Jamie mutters through the tears sounding choked up

"What are you saying?, you didn't do anything to me" Zach tells her with a pain filled smile that made cry even harder as she wondered why life was cruel seriously!.

"Amal she's-

"She can't leave me too, she can't" Zach almost yells desperately,losing his cool completely.

"Zach I'm so sorry, your daughter is alive" She says making him frown if his children are okay?,why is she saying sorry?.

"And the other?" He asks curiously

"He the doctors said that there is a possibility that he might not make it too" Jamie says making Zach heart skip multiple beats who wants to hear that their kid was about to die...too? Who is the two?.

"But hasn't he already been cut out of her?" Zach asks his eyes portrayed so much fear that she was finding it hard to say the truth, she wanted to lie it save his broken heart but she didn't because at this point she became best friends with reality who was an enemy to her brother.

"Yes but he got hurt too Zach, i mean Amal had bled and that's a bad thing the only thing the doctor told me was that there's was a complication with him and we should pray for the best" Jamie says softly not wanting to hurt her brother but like they say it is too late.

"She can't do this to me, she promised that she wouldn't leave" Zach cries as he stands up and heads for the door his action catching his sister off guard

"Zach" she yells after him but he was out running down the hallways

As his eyes saw the emergency room, his heart started to beat harder as fear filled him up to the brim and it was stopped at his throat level it was choking him and he felt like he was about to collapse at any minute, if he doesn't get a hug from anyone yet, he ignored the whole family seating in the waiting room he pushed against the door of the emergency room and just like in the movies there was a nurse standing over Amal covering her with the sheets from head to toe like everyone declared dead in the movies.

"Mr I'm sorry but you can't be here" a nurse starts to say but Zach walks past her ignoring her completely the nurse let's out a sad understanding sigh before going out to inform the family that a man was inside the room and soon they were all standing inside, Jamie made an attempt to walk forward but She got stopped by Amal's sister whose eyes told her that maybe just maybe Zach needed this one last time with his wife.