01.

[C H A P T E R O N E]- T H E B I T E -

- T H E B I T E -

"Baby, you won't believe what happened to me last night," Isaac Lahey whispers during a pop quiz in Mr. Harris' class.

"What happened?" Asked Cadmus, keeping his eyes on his paper and his voice low.

"My tractor fell over last night, I landed in the grave," Isaac explains, but is shortly cut off.

"What?" Cadmus almost shouts, but lowers his voice.

Mr. Harris looks up from his desk and sighs. He gives Cadmus a short smile and then looks back at his desk.

"You fell into the grave?" Cadmus lowers his voice when asking. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, turns out Derek Hale was there."

Derek Hale... the last living member of the Hale family. His family died in a fire, which was ruled an accident. Recent discovery, however, led to the truth of Kate Argent burning down the house.

On the other hand, Stiles Stilinski was talking to captain of the lacrosse team, Scott McCall. Scott made a name for himself, becoming star player and first in line for lacrosse. He became very popular, he got to be team leader and he got himself a hot girlfriend. Although, his best friend is still pretty awkward, but has his perks for being the sheriff's son.

"This is a pop quiz, Mr. Stilinski," Mr. Harris scolds the boy. "If I hear your voice again, I may be tempted to give you detention for the rest of your high school career."

Stiles ended up getting detention with Mr. Harris, as usual. Cadmus laughs and Smiles sends a fake pout towards the French-Latino boy. Cadmus turns his head to Jackson Whittemore and Danny Mahealani. The two were close with Cadmus, they've been friends since Cadmus first moved to Beacon Hills.

Jackson's behavior changed this year, he been more excited and confident than he use to be. Cadmus did wonder what happened that made Jackson this way. That didn't matter to him at the moment. What mattered was Jackson's nose was starting to bleed. Cadmus reaches over and grabs his hand, squeezing slightly. He nudges Danny and points at Jackson's face.

"Dude, your nose," Danny whispers to his friend.

"You okay?" Cadmus asks him, concerned for him.

"I'm okay, I'll see you after school," he tells the two.

Mr. Harris glances at Jackson and rolls his eyes, looking back down at his book. Harris never cared for the kids in the class, only Cadmus. That made some students jealous, but the majority didn't care. It gave Cadmus a free pass at least; giving him the option to leave whenever he wants, as long as he's done his work.