20.

[ C H A P T E R T W E N T Y ]- P O W E R L E S S -

- P O W E R L E S S -

Cadmus wearily walks into the Argents home. He just got off the phone with Alleigh, who let him know they were going to be back up for Lydia and Ethan. Scott and Isaac were rummaging through the drawers before seeing the mixed kid.

"Hey, so are we ever going to talk about this love square?"

"Nope," Isaac replies quickly.

"Wait," Scott stops. "What love square."

"Wow, is it obvious to everyone but you, Scotty?" Cadmus asks before shaking his head and leaving.

Cadmus stops walking and whispers, "It reeks of cologne."

"My dad doesn't wear cologne."

Allison and Scott walk in a room, Isaac grabs Cadmus and pulls him back. He puts his finger to his lip and shushes him.

"Quite an arsenal your father's got here, young lady," a man says.

"What are you doing here?" Scott asks.

"Following one of the only leads I have. Now since I don't know where you've been, why don't you have a seat, and we can talk? You too Isaac and Cadmus."

The two walk in, as everyone takes a seat. Isaac sits on an armrest, and Cadmus sits on one attached to Scott's chair. Scott rests his hand on Cadmus' thigh, glaring at his father.

"How do you know our names?" Isaac asks and Mr. McCall smirks.

"Your name is one of the few things I know. To be honest, the rest of what's going on around here has me stumbling in the dark, even over the smallest clue."

"If you're trying to tell me that you don't have a clue, I learned that a long time ago," Scott says, gripping tighter on his friend's thigh, who puts his hand on Scott's in response.

Mr. McCall sighs, "I'm really hoping to avoid the embarrassment of dragging my own son into an interrogation room."

The agent rolls his eyes before sitting up straight. Scott just keeps his hand were they've been and sighs.

Allison starts telling Scott's dad about all the weapons her father has, ending with the smoke grenade. She pulls it and throws it, causing an eruption of smoke.

"Run!"

The four run out and Scott tells them to find their parents. Of course, Cadmus wanted to refuse.