13.

[ C H A P T E R T H I R T E E N ]- T W I N S -

- T W I N S -

That bloodcurdling scream could be heard for miles upon miles of Beacon Hills. The scream stopped the four teenage werewolves from fighting. From breaking each other's bones to running to help. That scream came from a girl who stumbled upon a dead body. A senior at school.

The girl that sent multiple people into shock manages to find her way to comfort. She had her arms wrapped around Cadmus as he comforts her. Miriam found the dead body, one that was so close to others. Everyone was staring at the body, shocked at the moment.

"That's him, isn't it?" Isaac asks as they stare at the body. "That guy who went missing?"

"Yeah," Cadmus mumbles.

He rubs his friend's back as she hides herself in him. Isaac rests his hand on Cadmus' shoulder who hums in response.

"We should get back to school."

Later during school, Isaac and Scott sat together. Cadmus was talking to a new kid, Ethan. Their conversation seemed innocent to Cadmus, but to Isaac and Scott it was flirty because of Ethan.

"Don't let it bother you. It's just lunchtime detention. If all they want right now is to piss you off, then don't give in. They're just trying to get to you," Scott tells the beta.

"It's not just me," Isaac replies while nodding his head towards Lydia and Aiden.

"Cadmus, I'm very disappointed," Mr. Harris says as Cadmus takes a seat in detention.

"Sorry, Mr. Harris."

"Well, since your late I'll stick you with Allison and Isaac."

Cadmus looks at the two teens, who already look uncomfortable. The three make their way to the Janitor's closet and started stocking the shelves. Isaac was twitching was inside, shivering.

"Are you okay?" Allison asks.

"Yeah, I'm just not a big fan of small spaces."

"Can I ask you a question?" She asks.

"You just did," Isaac mutters.

"Can I ask another question?"

"You just did," Cadmus tells her.

"Can I ask you four questions?"

"You just did," Isaac repeats.

"When?" She asks, confused and a little annoyed.

"Now," They tell her in unison.

"I'm gonna ask anyway," she says, changing her responses.

As Allison asked about that night at the school, Cadmus let himself daydream. He didn't want to intrude and be a third wheel. It wasn't until the door slammed shut did Cadmus snap himself out of it. Cadmus goes over and turns the knob, trying to push.

"Oh shit."

"Uh," Isaac hums and looks around.

"Maybe it's locked from the outside?" Allison suggests.

Slowly but surely, Isaac was going insane. It reminded the boy about his past, getting locked in the freezer in the basement of his own home. A secure place that left him scarred for life.

"Isaac, clam down," Allison was begging him.

Isaac let out low growls, his insanity causing him to shift. Allison backs up as he turns to them. He lets out another growl and attacks. He scratches Allison's arm and Cadmus grabs Allison away. Scott came at Allison's scream, and pulled Isaac away.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to- I'm- I'm sorry!"

Isaac was already in tears, and Cadmus comes to his aid. He wraps himself around Isaac.

"They want someone to get hurt," Scott says.

"So are we going to do something about it?"

"Yeah, we are," Cadmus tells Isaac.

During the last bell of the day, Scott and Cadmus were sitting next to the twins. Scott puts his bag on his desk and pulls out a part of Ethan's motorcycle. Aiden was getting angry, seeing Ethan's motorcycle taken apart.

"That looks pretty important," Scott mentions.

"I have no idea what this does," Cadmus snickers.

Outside, a motorcycle revs and Aiden gets up. Aiden leaves the classroom and everyone looks at each other before getting up and following. In the hallway, Aiden sits on his motorcycle while everyone stares.

"You have got to be kidding me. You realize this is gonna result in a suspension?" Jennifer, the English teacher, says in an uproar.

Cadmus intertwines his and Isaac's fingers, although he sees Isaac take glances at Allison.

What a great love square, isn't it?