23.

C H A P T E R T W E N T Y T H R E E- C O N F R O N T A T I O N -

- C O N F R O N T A T I O N -

Cadmus stands with his jaw clenched shut, staring at the twins before him. Scott was stuck by his side, as if they were glued together. Stiles was standing a little in front of the group, not scared by the twins anymore. Isaac was standing on the other side of Scott, his arms crossed with a scowl on his face. Ethan and Aiden were standing in front of them, wishing they were talking to Scott privately.

There was a complete silence, the memories of last school year still stuck in their minds. This gives off a vibe of anger, which Scott responded with by holding Cadmus' hand and his head shaking a no at Isaac. The two betas were their family, and thanks to the twins, they're dead.

"So," Scott drags out, the situation awkward. "You're back at school?"

"No, just to talk," Ethan answers him as Aiden stares down Cadmus.

"That's kind of a change of pace for you guys," Stiles comments, earning a glare from the twins. "Usually, you're just hurting, maiming, and killing."

Aiden was direct with his response, ignoring the scrawny teen, "You need a pack, we need an alpha."

"Yeah, no." Stiles deadpans. "That's hilarious though."

"Absolutely not," Cadmus says after Isaac growls at the twins.

"You came to us for help, we helped."

"You beat his face into a bloody pulp, that's not helping. In my opinion, that's actually counter productive."

"Why would I say yes?" Scott finally speaks.

"We'd add strength," Aiden tells him. "We'd make you more powerful. There's no reason to say no."

"Scott doesn't give a shit about being powerful," Cadmus growls, tightening the grip on Scott's hand.

"I can think of one," Isaac snarls. "Like the two of you holding Derek's claws while Kali impaled Boyd."

Cadmus lets out a louder growl, if not for Scott's hand in his, he would rip them apart now. Scott leans in and whispers something so lowly they couldn't pick it up. Isaac continues his negative comments.

"In fact, I don't know why we're not impaling them right now."

"You want to try?" Aiden taunts them.

"Careful what you wish for," Cadmus seethes at him.

"Sorry," Scott apologizes half-heartedly. "They don't trust you, and neither do I."

The group leaves the twins in the locker room alone. Isaac zones out from their conversation, and Cadmus puts in his earbuds. Pulling out his phone and opening it, he puts a playlist on shuffle. Stiles and Scott were talking, focusing on Kira.

"What are you looking at?" Stiles asks.

"Me?" Scott asks, already confused.

"You," his eyes trail to Kira. "You looking at her?"

"Her? Who her?"

"Her her, Kira. You like her?" Stiles eyes, wiggling his eyebrows.

"No," he stumbles in confusion, not knowing which way he means. "I mean yeah, yeah, she's okay. She's new."

"So, ask her out," Stiles tells him straightforward.

"Now?" He asks as he starts zoning out on the conversation, focusing on someone else.

"Yes, now," Stiles says, starting to get annoyed.

"Right now?"

"Right now," he shouts at the clueless teen, gaining little attention.

"Right now. Scott, I don't think you get it yet. You're an Alpha. You're the apex predator. Everyone wants you. You're like the hot girl that every guy wants."

"The hot girl?" Scott was still confused but gaining confidence.

"You are the hottest girl," Stiles encourages him.

"What?" Isaac asks, finally listening to the conversation, Cadmus pulling out an earbud.

"I'm the hot girl," Scott tells them, a grin on his face.

"Yes, you are," they tell him, confused on what they were talking about.

Scott was on the phone with his mother, who was telling him information on Barrow. It was by then that Cadmus had finished getting searched, and made his way to the alpha. Scott puts his phone to his other ear, letting Cadmus listen in on their conversation.

"Barrow told me he went after kids with glowing eyes," Melissa tells them, to fill them in quickly. "Promise me you'll be careful, all of you. I looked this guy in the eyes, and it was terrifying."

"Don't worry, Ms. McCall, I'll keep my eye on Scott."

"Thank God for you, Cadmus."