12.

[ C H A P T E R T W E L V E ]- H U N T I N G S E A S O N -

- H U N T I N G S E A S O N -

"Are you sure?" Scott asks as he puts Stiles in speaker phone.

"Yep. Throat ripped out, blood everywhere. It's like the frickin' shining over here. Two little twin girls come out of the woods, start asking me to play with them forever and ever, I'm not gonna be surprised."

"Can you get a little closer to make sure it was them?" Cadmus asks.

"Make sure it was them? Cadmus, who else is going around ripping throats out?"

"Please?" Cadmus asks.

Scott rolls his eyes, "Just do it."

"This doesn't make any sense. The public pool is all the way on the other side of the woods. We haven't tracked them anywhere near there."

"Derek, they killed someone." Scott says.

"How are they moving so fast?" Derek asks himself.

"Derek!"

"It couldn't be them, they would left more than a ripped throat," Cadmus tries to move the blame.

"They killed someone! Some totally innocent kid is dead... and it's our fault."

"It's my fault," Derek says.

"You've got that right," Cadmus snarls, receiving looks. "I'm just saying, if we measured the risks enough this wouldn't have happened."

"We need help," Scott mentions.

"We have Isaac now," Derek tells him, as Isaac quietly stands by the tree.

"We need real help," Scott deadpans.

"Who you gonna call?" Isaac asks Scott as he takes out his phone.

"Ghostbusters," Cadmus whispers, although it's heard by the guys.

Chris Argent stumbles his way to his car, holding groceries. Upon seeing Scott and Cadmus, he drops a bag of groceries.

"It has to be the one with eggs!" He grumbles as he picks it back up, pulling out at gun and pointing it at Scott.

"Uh, hi."

"That's the best you've got Scott?" Cadmus asks. "Uh, hi?"

Chris looks at Cadmus who spills it, "We need help tracking two werewolves who are out of control."

Scott explains the full story to Chris, who looks unamused. He gives a look to both boys before finally speaking.

"First of all, why would I care about anyone related to Derek? And second, I don't know this kid Boyd. I don't even know his last name."

"Boyd is his last name," Scott tells him.

"What's his first name?"

"Vernon. Vernon Boyd, he's a really good friend of mine," Cadmus mentions slyly, hoping to persuade Chris.

"Just curious, why is there still a gun pointing at us?"

"Trust me Scotty, it's pointing at you, not us," Cadmus smiles at Chris.

"Well, there's probably still some part of me that wants to shoot you."

"I get that."

Chris goes on a rant, "Scott, I watched my father brainwash my daughter... almost turn her into a killer. That world... your world decimated mine. My wife, sister, father, my entire family. Why would I ever step foot in it again?"

"Because people are going to die, and because you know how to catch Boyd and Cora without killing them."

"I'm sorry, I can't help you."

Cadmus rolls his eyes, "Let's just go, Scott."

"Um," Scott thinks for a moment. "Do you think you could do me one little, tiny favour?"

Cadmus lets out a sigh of relief after the steel door closes

Cadmus lets out a sigh of relief after the steel door closes. Boyd and Cora were trapped in the room, and out of anyone's ways.

"Hopefully the sun rises soon," Cadmus mutters as he sits down.

Scott stops and listens, his face twisting into shock. He puts his ear against the door to confirm his fear.

"What are you hearing?" Derek asks him.

"Heartbeats."

"Both of them?"

"Actually," Scott says. "Three of them."

Derek gave his decision to go in alone, to stop Cora and Boyd from killing a teacher. Either Derek kills them, or they kill Derek. It was going to be a lose-lose situation, and Cadmus wasn't going to stand for it.

"I don't want to lose Boyd," Cadmus tells them.

"A lot of people could die if they escape," Isaac tells him.

"Since when did you suddenly care about anyone else?" Cadmus snaps at the teen.

Scott and Chris both look away as the tension slowly subsides.

"I'm going in," Cadmus tells them.

They open the door and Cadmus grabs Boyd off of Derek, tossing him against the wall. He keeps Boyd at bay, as Derek handles his sister.

"The sun's going to come up soon, and then you'll be alright," Cadmus tells the wild Boyd.

The sun was rising, and their powers were falling. Everything was going to be alright.