02.

[C H A P T E R T W O]- C O L D B L O O D E D M U R D E R -

- C O L D B L O O D E D M U R D E R -

The next night, Cadmus' was in the hideout, which he and Isaac now call it. Isaac told him that he needed to go to the hideout, and without even asking why, Cadmus rushes there. Turns out, Derek wants more teenagers, as they're the easiest to turn. It was a calm and quiet night, until Isaac comes rushing in.

"Derek? Baby?" Isaac was in pain, not physically though.

"Isaac? What's wrong?" His baby asks and Isaac pulls him into a hug.

"It's- it's my dad," Isaac cries out. "I think he's dead!"

"What did you do?" Derek asks, concerned for a different reason than Cadmus.

"That's the thing," Isaac whimpers. "I didn't do anything."

"Tell me everything," Cadmus says and sways the two.

"He was mad that I had a D in one of my classes," he explains to them. "He threw a plate and cut me, I healed and he saw. I ran off and was coming here when I heard screaming."

"Oh, Isaac," Cadmus whispers and pecks his cheek.

"I checked it out, there was so much blood on my dad's body. I could hear the sirens and I just took off."

"Let's just keep this quiet," Derek says to his betas.

Cadmus sat on the bleachers, watching the boys practice lacrosse

Cadmus sat on the bleachers, watching the boys practice lacrosse. Scott was playing goalie, but he wasn't acting normally how a goalie does. He saw him bump into no-names, Danny, and now it was Isaac's turn. Scott must've known there was another werewolf, and know he'll know who. The two slam into each other, and they have a quiet conversation.

Three police officers, including sheriff Stilinski, walk on the field. Sheriff Stilinski motions for Isaac and Cadmus, to which they obey.

"Can we do something for you, sheriff?" Cadmus asks with a toothy grin.

"Mr. Lahey. Mr. Dubois. You're both suspects in a murder case," Stilinski tells them. "We would like to take you down to the station for questioning."

A deputy grabs on Cadmus' arm, the other deputy doing the same with Isaac. As they were being led away, Cadmus looks back to see his two friends, Scott, and Stiles staring at them. Cadmus just looks down as he was pushed into the cop car.

"They're talking about Isaac's dad, right?" Cadmus could hear Scott ask his scrawny friend.

"Their hearts are beating so hard," Scott says and looks at Stiles.

"Maybe because tonight's a full moon, and they're Derek's betas."

Shit.

Isaac and Cadmus were taken to the station, and questioned before being put in holding cells. Their cells had windows, where the sun and soon the moon can peek through. Cadmus reaches his hand out the cell and touches Isaac's hand. Isaac jumps for a second, but then he just relaxed. He holds onto his baby's hand, and strikes up conversation.

"So, you ever been in a cell before?" Isaac asks.

"No, you?"

"No."

It fell silent for a few minutes before Isaac speaks again.

"Tonight's the full moon, Cadmus." He informs his friend, fearfully. "What are we gonna do?

"I don't know, Isaac. I just don't know."

Isaac starts to run his thumb over his baby's knuckles. There was a little bit of chit chat here and there.

Later that night, Danny came by the station and tells the sheriff about Cadmus' alibi

Later that night, Danny came by the station and tells the sheriff about Cadmus' alibi. Ultimately leading to Cadmus being let out, with Isaac still in the cell. As soon as the boy sees his friend, he jumps on him with a hug.

"You have no idea how long it felt being in there," Cadmus complains and Danny smiles.

"Do you need a ride home?" Danny asks and Cadmus shakes his head.

"I gotta call a friend to get Isaac out."

With that, Danny leaves and Cadmus grabs the nearest phone. After a couple rings, it is picked up.

"Derek?"

The moon rises to the peak.

"Help."

He could hear Isaac shaking the bars as both betas were becoming reckless. Cadmus could hear a dragging noise, which hurt his ears. He rushes to where Isaac was held, to see a deputy ready to shoot Isaac. Stiles was fighting back, and Cadmus growls at the man. The guy turns and shoots, just as Isaac rips his cage apart.

Cadmus looks down to see a stain in his shirt, right next to his belly button. When he looks back up, his eyes were a vibrant green. His skin starts to flare, making him feel like he's on fire.  He roars in pain and looks at Stiles. He turns and hightails out of the station. His feet drag him out to the woods, tripping into mud and water.

Cadmus hides in the woods, and he starts screaming as the pain became infuriating. He touches his back to see if the bullet came out, thankfully it did. His ears seem to keep track of what's going on elsewhere. He could hear what was going on in the station.

"Where's my other beta?" Derek yells and Isaac whimpers.

"He's not just your beta."

Cadmus lays in the mud, too weak to continue on. He rubs his eyes with his hand, and takes a look at his blue skin. Cadmus looks in shock, blue skin? Werewolves don't have blue skin. What the hell was he?

This is not what he was promised.