04.

[C H A P T E R F O U R]- B R E A K I N G P O I N T -

- B R E A K I N G P O I N T -

Cadmus let's out an annoyed sigh, as he and Stiles walk up to the mechanic shop. Stiles had called and asked him to keep him company, with little clue as to how the awkward boy got his number. He might've stolen it from Danny at some point. The fact Stiles asked for him to join instead of Scott surprised him, they were in different packs.

"Why did you ask me to come here with you?" Both teenagers stop in their tracks at the front door.

"Why shouldn't have I asked?" Stiles sarcastically replies before grabbing the door handle.

Cadmus grabs the boy's hand and pulls it off, keeping the door shut. He rolls his eyes, Stiles was a handful.

"Well I can list so many reasons. 1) We're not friends, 2) You started talking to me when you found out I'm like Scott, 3) We're on opposite sides, and I can go on."

Stiles looks at Cadmus in all seriousness, "Were on the same side, we want the same thing. To survive. Scott wants to help you, Isaac, Erica, and Boyd. He doesn't particularly like Derek, but that's because he's just using you guys for power."

Hearing that last sentence hurt Cadmus. He remembers hearing it the other day, when Derek was fighting Scott at the ice rink. Derek Hale admitted that he was having them for power.

"Woah, like I haven't heard that before," Cadmus tells him sarcastically.

Stiles pushes the door open, and the two walk in. The mechanic was doing something completely different from what Stiles needed to be done.

"Hey? Hey! What do you think you're doing?" Stiles asks, annoyed by the mechanic already. "All I needed was a starter."

"Yeah, but it looks like the exhaust system has got to be replaced here."

"Why do I get the feeling you're slightly over estimating the damage?" Stiles asks rhetorically.

"Cause he is," Cadmus deadpans, which gets him a glare from the mechanic.

He ignores the French-Latino and continues, "It's probably gonna run you around like twelve hundred parts and labor."

"Are you kidding? This thing doesn't have a catalytic converter," Stiles rants. "And yes, I know what a catalytic converter is."

"Do you know what a limited slip differential is?" The mechanic argues.

"No-"