10.

[C H A P T E R T E N]- N E W Y E A R -

- N E W Y E A R -

The arrow flies through the air, and hits Cadmus in his shoulder. The werejaguar runs off, and he could tell the hunter was following him. Cadmus stops running and turns, letting the hunter get close. He grabs the bow and throws it away.

She pulls out a knife and gets in a battle stance. Cadmus growls lowly as she lunges. He moves swiftly and dodges her swipe.

"Stop following me," Cadmus roars. "I haven't hurt any human, but if you hurt my cub or my friends, I will kill you."

The female hunter just backs away and looks at the monster. Cadmus turns away and runs faster than he was before. He knocks into another werejaguar and they hit the ground. Cadmus groans as he stands back up, the female following.

"Damn Cadmus, you could've warned me."

"Sorry Miriam," Cadmus apologizes. "I had to get that hunter off our backs."

Miriam stands up and sees the arrow in his shoulder. She grabs it and pulls hard, getting it out of him. He let's out a yelp as he clutches where the arrow was.

"Keep the arrow, I'm gonna call Argent when we get home," Cadmus tells her.

"I thought the Argents stopped hunting."

"I don't think this is the Argents."

"Then who? They're the only family in this town that are hunters."

"Unless there's a new family, Allison wouldn't hunt me. Plus Allison never clothes her face so that no one can see who she is."

"Let's get home, now."

The two make it by to the Dubois home, safe and sound. Miriam runs up to her room, the former guest bedroom. Cadmus passes by his father's room, the door closed and everything untouched. Cadmus makes sure the house is locked before going to his room. Argent didn't answer, so Cadmus was going to meet up with him.

 Argent didn't answer, so Cadmus was going to meet up with him

Cadmus and Miriam walk up to the doors with linked arms. Miriam was starting her freshman year and she wasn't nervous at all. She was ready for high school, and she was excited to meet Cadmus' friends.

"So, I finally meet all of your friends?" She asks excitedly.

Cadmus nods, "Yeah, I haven't seen them since... in a while."

Miriam was attached to his arm as they walked in, and some people stared at his arm candy. They walk past Lydia and Allison, who wave at him. He gives them a smile and wave back. Lydia raises her eyebrow at him and he just shrugs Lydia off.

"Your English class is right here, your next class is gym. Come find me at lunch, I'll be with the two girls I waved at earlier."

Cadmus went to English and sits behind Lydia. She immediately turns to him, Stiles watching. She gives him a smirk.

"Who was your new friend, Cadmus?"

"Miriam, she's a freshman this year."

Everyone's phones started going off, the same text appearing on everyone's screens. Stiles reads it out loud, until a lady walks in and reads the rest. She shuts off her phone and places it on her desk.

"This is the last line to the first book we are going to read. It is also the last text you will receive in this class. Phones off, everyone."

The teacher was giving a lecture, which bored most of the class. Scott was called out of class, which confused the boy. Stiles and Lydia were talking about something as the teacher walks back in the class. She continues on her lecture, when a bird hit the window. Jennifer, the teacher, walks over as another bird hits the window. Outside, there was more than a flock could hold, it was like a colony.

"Get down," she screams.

Everyone ducks for cover as birds smash through the window. Jennifer was protecting some students and Stiles shielded Lydia. Cadmus rushes to Allison and shields her, stoping her from being picked anymore. Soon it was over, but the pecking made it seem like forever.

Sheriff Stilinski showed up with paramedics, who were examining the students. He was talking to his son, and Chris Argent. Once the interrogation was over, Chris was taking Allison and Lydia home.

"Mr. Argent," Cadmus calls out and the trio stops.

He motions for the two to leave, and they obey. The girls walk a little away from them, leaving them to talk. Cadmus looks around before leaning in.

"Miriam and I we're attacked last night by a hunter," he deadpans.

Chris looks at Allison and Lydia before looking at Cadmus.

"Are you sure?" Chris asks. "We stopped hunting."

"I think there's a new hunter in town."

Chris talks to him a little longer, and Cadmus is looking around. A girl walks by them, and waves at Cadmus with a grin. He waves back at the random student, trying to be nice.