Chapter 5: A hard shell

"Namjoon... Y-You don't understand! Jungkook is... very weird.." Jimin added as he looked at the door and back at Namjoon to lower the tone of his voice. "I told him yesterday that my door would be locked, but in the morning, I woke up and found out that my door was unlocked!" Jimin continued to complain as Namjoon tilted his head.

              "Well? Did you ask him why he did that?" Namjoon asked the younger while Jimin nodded his head.

               "He claimed he was scared of the thunder and came into my room to sleep with me..." Jimin added as the Dispatcher began to laugh and make fun of the Chief.

                "Let me guess! You were shirtless too!" Joked the older as Jimin remained quiet, making the older start to laugh. "Aw, Jungkook loves you!" The man continueda. But, Jimin just made a sour face and refused.

                "No he does not! There is nothing between us.. He's weird and I don't like it." The man bickered and folded his arms, turning his body to face Namjoon and lean against the window. "Falling for him is like commiting a crime."

               "Oh come on, he's not that bad. He's a prince!" Namjoon continued as Jimin rolled his eyes and looked down at the ground.

               "You know I don't want to fall in love. If I do, they'll be the next target to get killed. My weakness.." Jimin stated and locked his stare at Namjoon. "The boy has the looks but set an off first impression with me. He's too happy, too caring. He made me breakfast and smiled when I watched over him from the seat. He CHOSE to do this for me and actually went walking to the store to buy groceries! Tell me that's not creepy! I barely know the kid and to him, it's like we're married." Continued the older as Namjoon sighed and placed his hands on his hips as soon as he stood up.

                "Or... He's willing to bond with his Chief or partner as you may say, get on your good side or maybe... He loves you!" The older teased the man more and made Jimin shake his head repeatedly.

               "No, no, no! That isn't right! We just spent one night under the same roof. He can't love me." Jimin retorted. Namjoon only shrugged and made a smile, showing off his deep and attractive dimples.

              "Remember, you're seen as the best Chief alongside your Father back in Seoul. So, it's cute for the little guy to look up to you. It's an honor for him to finally work with you. Don't get hung up on his actions. He's only trying to do right by you." The older continued as Jimin was about to add onto it when suddenly, Jungkook stepped in with a cup of coffee as his smile was nothing but a blank yet, slightly sad face.

             The boy looked up and realized he was interrupting their conversation and flinched as he quickly made sign gestures to apologize, while Namjoon chucked and responded to Jungkook's sign language. "That's okay, Jungkook. We were just closing up here." Replied the older to Jungkook as Jimin looked at Jungkook and then at Namjoon. Feeling a little confused at how good Namjoon was able to catch Jungkook's quick gestures.

              "How did you...?"

              "Sign language. It's not that hard. Learn it." The older added as Jimin's phone chimed, and this made Jungkook turn to look at Jimin before quickly averting his eyes to set the coffee down and sit. Not wanting to bother Jimin with anything. It was like he overheard the two talking about him. Leaving Jungkook to feel a little set off by their discussion.

                Jimin swiftly looked at his phone to see that he recieved mail from one of the detectives on another case that happened to come across surveillance footage of last night's attack during the storm. "We got it! Namjoon!" Jimin said happily as he quickly turned on his laptop on his desk and sat on the office chair out of glee.