Chapter 46: The weapon

Jungkook kept looking back to watch Sehiro reject contact with the officers who were trying to escort him out of the office so the investigation could begin. "Stop looking back..." Jimin told the boy as he gripped onto the badge in his hands. "I don't want to hear about it... Let's go to the office as we wait..."

         "JIMIN!! JIMIN PLEASE! YOU SAID YOU'D ALWAYS BE BY MY S-SIDE!" Shouted Sehiro as Jimin looked away and kept walking with his arm over his detective's shoulders. "THROUGH THICK AND THIN!!"

          Jungkook kept looking back with a concern face to see the officers drag Sehiro out of the office while he refused to be taken out of his office. The younger felt a little bad, but when he'd gaze over at Jimin, putting on such a strict face while he gripped onto the officer's badge, he knew that it was for his own good. Leaving the suspect to still wander the station would result in them never finding the katana hidden in the closet. The fact that Sehiro was still willing to hide the katana from Jimin, made this situation even worse.

           Jimin stepped into his office as he walked in and closed the door behind him. The older made his way to his desk as he let out an exhale with the badge still hidden within his grasp. "We'll wait until he's out of the building..." Jimin whispered to the boy before letting Jungkook go and walking off to sit down at his own office chair to his desk.

'They are getting him out. Let's not waste any time to get the katana and take it to the lab. We need to take the weapon now.' Jungkook signed quickly as Jimin leaned back onto his chair and gazed down at the badge.

           "I know that, Jungkook..." Jimin added as he had no tears escaping his eyes now. He was as blank as a sheet of paper, thinking if he should cry or just suck it up. He had to admit it, without his officer at the station, Jimin felt empty at one point. He looked down at the badge and he recalled the first time he placed this badge on Sehiro's chest. They started this off together, the man already was an officer, but Jimin had this badge for the one he would choose to be his own officer. Just like choosing favorites, he chose Officer Riyu to be by the Chief's side.

          "He was an off gang member... But not a smart one... Why would he hide it in a closet? He claimed he was hiding it to prevent any further assumptions, but almost any gang member can fake a tear..." Jimin said as Jungkook limped forward and tilted his head to pick his collar away from his neck. Showing his hickey marks all over the base and side of his neck. Jimin then stopped looking at parts of his reflection through the silver badge he bestowed over Sehiro's uniform a long time ago. "Jungkook! Stop it you're showing your hickeys!" Jimin suddenly laughed, feeling like Jungkook cheered him up by the moment.

            Jungkook placed his right hand over his mouth as his hand formed a claw gesture and pointed his fingers towards his mouth and turned it to face and point towards Jimin now. Signing that the temperature was hot. However, the younger only pulled a smile. Trying to lighten up the mood the best he could. 'It's hot in here, I should take my shirt off!' Teased the younger as Jimin chuckled and placed the badge down.

          "You have hickeys. Are you really just trying to tease me, Jungkook? You can't even walk! Sit down before you embarrass yourself!" Jimin continued to laugh as Jungkook smiled and started to unbutton his dress shirt, revealing his hickeys all over his body like paint on a canvas. The younger then limped forward and steadily walked to the older who was sitting on his office chair. "Go away, Jungkook." Jimin laughed as the younger sat on the office desk and moved the badge away. Trying to get Jimin off the guilt of having to shout at his own officer and shove him out of his life. Jimin did a good job hiding his feelings and Jungkook could understand that now. He could see things like this clearly like he placed a spotless magnifying glass over the Chief's face.