Chapter 29: Blame

Jimin felt the officer hug him in front of everyone in a way for comfort and the man allowed it because he knew it wasn't really supposed to mean anything. It was just a friendly hug to him and that was it. Yet, Jungkook was feeling jealous but at the same time, he held back from doing something because he knew what ever was in between Jimin and Sehiro, was just nothing but friendship.

             Jimin was the one that pulled away from the long hug and turned towards his officers. "Did you all gather anything? Where the figure ran off to?"

            "No, Chief. After they spread out of the car, the potential gang member chased after Namjoon and shot him on the back. Then the gang member took his gun and ran off with it. The figure was running down the streets and we watched a few gang members emerge from small cavities between buildings and dumpsters. They followed after and we were then left alone in silence to watch them run off. It was like they expected us and once they caused harm, they ran out. I guess I could say that there was more than ten people there that took off running after the main lead." Told one of the officers that was serving the stakeout the night before.

             "We're going nowhere with this... If this keeps up, we have to close many cases." Sighed the older as he face palmed. "I'm going to check up on Namjoon for the day." Jimin said as the officer nodded their head and were dismissed after. Jimin stood there and wiped his last tear while Officer Riyu stood in front of Jimin's view to Jungkook who was about to approach him.

            "Don't lose hope, Jimin! I know Jungkook could find something there. So, please take care... I have to head off and guard the bank. Here's the hospital Namjoon is in right now." Sehiro claimed and showed Jimin the map from his GPS and handed him Namjoon's hermit crab within the glass cage. "Give this to him. I can already imagine him growing worried without it." Sehiro added as he seemed too fond over Namjoon like he pitied the dispatcher since he was injured.

             "Of course." Jimin said and took down the address of the hospital and accepted the hermit crab's cage. "Thank you for your help." Jimin added and stepped back before walking off and hearing Jungkook's footsteps desperately beat onto the ground in a hurry. Trying to catch up with Jimin's speed walking. Jimin couldn't think clear at the moment and could just hear the echoes of the judge beating the gravel against the sound block. Calling out guilty.

            Jimin didn't know why this echoed on in his head. All he would lose is the trust of people and his position of Chief. Being pushed all the way down to an officer. If Jimin was found with Jungkook, many things would happen. They will believe Jungkook was the one that desperately ruined the laptop with the coffee to spend some time with Jimin, they became irresponsible on the mission and caused Namjoon to get injured. Jimin just couldn't have all the fingers pointing on the love of his life and the hate getting thrown over at him.

              The Chief climbed into his car as he sat down and gripped onto the steering wheel with a sigh. "Jungkook..." Jimin whispered and looked to his side while the boy was placing on his seat belt and looking up ahead. "Jungkook... Look at me.. I need to talk to you..." Jimin added while Jungkook nodded his head. Turning to face Jimin. "Jungkook, Namjoon got hurt... I pulled back from the stakeout. I never did that before. If everyone finds out about it, they'll start questioning me." Jimin added and started the car. "Don't you ever sign off to Namjoon about what we did or what's between us. Okay? It's nothing to mention to anyone! Promise me that..."

            Jungkook complied with Jimin's wishes and knew not to mention this to the Dispatcher. Jungkook felt bad that they couldn't go public at all, no words of 'I love you' being told to each other when everyone is around and Jungkook of course, couldn't ever give Jimin a kiss unless they were back at home. This alone made Jungkook sigh, rub his arm and look down. He had many issues with this, but it seems like the most easiest way to go. However, Jimin felt a little set off about all of this. Sehiro wasn't wrong about guiding the gang off, but what in the world told him to give off their position like that? It was enough to lure in one of the gang members during the crisis.