Chapter 63: A Father's guidance

Mr. Park remained gawking at the bottle of pills as he walked back to the living room to sit down and wait for his son to wake up. Instantly, Mr. Park didn't like that Jungkook used a sleeping pill on Jimin when he could have had the older sleep on his own time through the pain. The Chief began to think it was odd how his own son chose to live with his partner so suddenly, this made Mr. Park second guess his thoughts on choosing Jungkook as a good detective to work alongside Jimin. So far, Jungkook gave off a questionable guilty and nervous feel to the older father.

           After a long time of waiting, Mr. Park kept watching over his son to talk to him and show him he was here for him and wanted to discuss on why Jungkook seemed so off. Jimin couldn't feel it because he was blind and in love, but Mr. Park felt it so suddenly. The elder wasn't so close to Jungkook and at the first glance he took on the silent prince, he knew something was up with the young boy. The elder wasn't paranoid like his son, so he remained calm when he suspected things from the back of his head.

          Eventually, Jungkook arrived to work as he stepped in and gazed at the many officers beginning to whisper about the mute boy now. Jungkook could hear it left and right, the pain was there as he felt like wanting to run off and stay in the light of freedom. But he knew deep down that the light he dreamt of, the light he wished for, carried such a lovely fragrance of freedom... That he couldn't obtain for one second. It wasn't meant for him and he knew it, but longed for his happy ending even if he wasn't what it seemed.

            Everyone was starting to speculate Jungkook and raise brows about the young man. He walked in to work with many deep stares or even glares. This made Jungkook slightly tear up and walk quicker and quicker to the office door. Once the boy made it to the door, an officer approached him and tapped him on the back. This made Jungkook's heart sink as he dreaded to look back. Hoping there wouldn't be handcuffs waiting for him.

           Jungkook took a glance behind him as he noticed the officer held a box of Sehiro's things. "Goodmorning, Detective. Is the Chief here?" The officer asked as Jungkook shook his head nervously. The officer then handed the big box over to Jungkook. "I understand. Please, hand this over to the Chief. Sehiro's funeral will be held by the end of the week. Mrs. Riyu will send the Chief an invitation. Sehiro's wife is looking forward to see him there too since Sehiro meant so much to the both of them." The man added as Jungkook accepted the box and turned around after to try and open the door but, the officer smiled and moved in to help Jungkook.

              "You look so nervous, Detective! Is it because Mr. Park is in town? I'd feel nervous too if I was with Chief Jimin!" Claimed the officer as Jungkook pulled a fake smile as thanks once the officer managed to open the office door for Jungkook. "Good luck!" Added the man as Jungkook stepped in and allowed the officer to close the door. Jungkook was now alone in the office as he called over to Jimin's table and placed it down while the Sehiro's silver gun caught his attention.

             This gun was a gift by Jimin. It was silver and looked expensive. Too perfect to be used against anyone! It was the types of silver guns that pop smoke from the nozzle from every fired gunshot. Jungkook gazed at the gun. Not wanting to touch it because as he gazed at the gun, he felt like there was a bad energy coming from it. Almost as if he would meet his demise with that gun pointed towards him with an officer shouting at him to surrender. Whatever lied ahead, Jungkook couldn't help but to feel like he was hanging by the edge of a cliff. Close to having his fingers slip at any moment. The younger slowly started to tear up like before and stepped back as he gazed at the silver gun like the bullet was already pulled and caught him in the process. The worry and fear was weighing him down little by little. Giving him a scary feeling he has never felt before. That was the worry of his love slipping away from him now.