Chapter 35: Suspect

The following morning, Jungkook woke up to see Jimin already adjusting the tie over his white dress shirt collar as he sat at the edge of the bed. The younger suddenly sat up and let out cough before he could stand up and start taking off his long sleeved shirt. Just as Jimin could hear the rustling sound of Jungkook's shirt, the older quickly looked back and gazed over at Jungkook who was desperately trying to throw on his clothes for work.

           "Jungkook? What are you doing? You're sick! Lay down!" Jimin demanded as Jungkook only shook his head and tossed his sleeved dress shirt to the ground and rushed over to his dresser where he swung the small door open and looked at his dress shirts he wanted to choose from. Just then, he continued to cough and look down as his hand was pressed onto the dresser. "Jungkook... Stay... You can't go." Jimin added and walked up behind the younger as he placed his hands on his shoulder. "Please... I don't want to see you so sick like this."

'Jimin I'm perfectly fine.' Jungkook signed and turned around to face Jimin. 'Trust me.' Jungkook begged and begged to Jimin. Wanting to go to work, but Jimin just didn't allow it. 'Jimin. Please. I want to go too.'

           "You can't. You're sick! How many times do I have to tell you that? I want you to rest today..." Jimin added and looked at the younger. "I'm running late. Stay here and do NOT follow me." Jimin warned the boy while Jungkook locked his teary gaze over at the older man. "I do this for your own good." Claimed the Chief before walking off and leaving the younger alone in the room to quiver his lip from the tears he wished to dread. He didn't like the feeling of being left out and this alone made him wish to follow Jimin so desperately.

           As Jimin walked up to the front door, Jungkook was just above on the second floor of the stairs, wearing his loose dress shirt like he was in a rush to change his clothes. He let out a cough that brought Jimin's focus over to him while the Chief looked up at Jungkook just waiting there with the slight tears in his eyes. "Jungkook. Stay there." Jimin said while Jungkook pouted and shook his head. Rolling up the sleeves of his dress shirt and wanting to follow. But Jimin just didn't allow it. "Stay here. I'll be back soon, okay? I made sure to cook you breakfast, heat it up if you're hungry and there is hot tea in the thermos." Jimin told Jungkook as the boy slowly started to step down the stairs and grasp onto the rails of the stairs. Coughing and wiping his nose. "Bye, I'll come back soon." Jimin added as he walked out of the house and shut the door. Looking back and gazing at the boy through the window.

           Just beyond the window, Jimin could see the boy drop onto the step of the stairs and hug the pillars holding the rail while he cried to himself. Jimin didn't want to go, but he woke up and wasn't sick at all. "Maybe it'll catch on soon." Jimin thought as he slowly parted from the door and walked away. Going to work and leaving Jungkook alone. In the car, Jimin contemplated the thought of seeing Jungkook so upset like this. He had no idea Jungkook clinged onto him like this and longed to follow him so desperately even if he was sick. He was willing to risk his health to serve his job and be by his Chief.

            "Ah, I feel so bad... Jungkook isn't himself right now. I almost want to stay home! But... Everyone would suspect something is up.." Jimin whispered and placed his hands on the steering wheel as soon as he turned the keys to the ignition. "I'll check up on him later." Jimin said to himself and as soon as he pulled out of the driveway, he looked up at the window of the house to see the young and pale, sick boy pout and have his hand over the window glass. "What's gotten into him? He's desperately clingy when it comes to getting sick." Jimin whispered to himself and drove off while still gazing at the boy's hand slide off the glass of the window.

           Jimin's heart grew heavy now. He left Jungkook with food and the house already locked and secured... However, he just couldn't bring Jungkook to work if he looked that bad. This small feeling made Jimin view his day as a dull day without his partner. "He must have such a bad day... I'll... I'll get him a camera to make it up for his lost one! He purchased that one from Japan, but It's worth a try. I need to make him happy and protect him. Not make him depressed and break him." Concluded the Chief and paid attention to the road up ahead for work.