Chapter 11: A messy scene

The two partners stepped into the dull house where blood was stained across the walls and floors. This made Jimin just raise a brow while the trail of blood dragged along the floor and to the upstairs. Jungkook started taking pictures of the crime scene as the took a good look around.

         "Head cut in two... Is that even possible?" Jimin asked while Jungkook was taking pictures of the blood stains. From the looks of it, it seemed like the man was murdered within the house and dragged upstairs while his head bled out. Jungkook paid attention to the blood and how it was splattered against the wall as he gazed back at the Chief to nod his head. "We need more instruments for this... Do you bring a kit with you? When you go on investigation sites?" Jimin asked as Jungkook looked back and shook his head. "You must've left it back in Seoul. That's okay. I don't think it could've pass through security with all those things to investigate with. You can borrow mine." Jimin assured the boy and stepped out to tell the Officer to go pick out his kit to investigate the scene. This was before when Jimin would do his own investigations. Now, he had to share his spotlight with an actual detective.

               Jimin could say he disliked sharing his work with the detective, but after failing his last case and losing the missing child, his father sent him a real Detective with experiences. Hoping the two would understand each other to help and benefit from one another too. The Chief knew if this was his job now, he had to allow the boy to work.

             "Detective, what type of weapon do you think was used? Should we take a look at the body?" Jimin asked while Jungkook took one last picture of the shattered glass all over the bloody stained floor as he looked at Jimin and pointed up the steps to finally go investigate the body. "Alright. Just don't touch him yet. Not until we get the kit." Jimin told the boy while the ventured up the stairs.

               At least one second up the stairs, Jungkook could see the mess of the bedroom all over the floor as he turned his head to look down the hall and caught a glimpse of a complete mess of blood... This confused the two as they noticed the messy trail of blood lead to the bedroom where the body laid,  but there was blood down the hall like someone else's body was dragged.

              "This just got more confusing than it already was! Either we are dealing with a crazy criminal that just loves to drag dead bodies.. Or there could have been a second murder here..." Jimin said while Jungkook just kept taking pictures and shrugged. There was no way to understand what this was... But he felt there was something suspicious going on behind this murder. Jimin then pointed his head towards the bedroom and stepped in so the younger could follow. "We can't see the body until we get the kit. Just focus on taking those pictures."

               Jungkook nodded his head and snapped pictures while they walked past the lifeless corpse that had nothing but a white blanket over him. "I'm surprised you have such a strong gut. For my first investigation, I threw up after seeing what was under the blanket. Absolutely disgusting... But I've gotten used to that. I've just never seen how a man's head was cut in two!" Jimin continued and only soon, The officer came up the steps and approached Jimin with his kit.

            "Detective. Show me what you can do." Jimin told the boy and set the kit over the bed and cracked open the briefcase lock to show the investigation instruments just sitting there. There was a box of latex disposable gloves, leather gloves to avoid sharp objects, a range of 3D magnetic tweezers, measuring tape, small knives, flashlights, paper and pens, witness forums, small box of plastic and clear bags to collect samples too. Jungkook slipped on the gloves while he handed Jimin the camera. Taking over the investigation while the Chief resumes taking pictures of the crime scene. They could never have too much pictures for the scene.