Chapter 58: Beyond compare

Jungkook stepped out of the office he shared with Park Jimin. Thinking that now he should bring the older something to eat so Jimin wouldn't pass out. On his way out the office, he looked up to gaze at the many officers that gathered around those who were close to Sehiro, but of course, as they knew he was a suspect, they had to shove the man away and that too has become their biggest regret they've all made. Even Jimin's as well.

            Jungkook glanced their way as a few officers gawked over to the Silent prince. Remembering Sehiro was the one that hurt Jungkook and said he was all to blame. It wasn't until Sehiro died that now, they began to question Jungkook. "Hey... Isn't he the one Sehiro punched?" Asked one of the officers as Jungkook listened to the officers. Most of them believed he was deaf since they weren't aware Jungkook was a mute. Those were two completely different things so Jungkook didn't dare to give them any sign that he could listen. Not talk.

            "Oh! I remember Sehiro mentioned we had to watch out for that kid... Another officer said Jungkook is the Chief's fuck toy.." Added another Officer as Jungkook took these words as knives thrown on his back as he dragged his body to keep moving through the pain. Out of his time there, he believed he was accepted for who he truly was, however, due to the fact that he couldn't speak, rose some brows behind closed doors.

            "I don't think he's deaf or silent! Jimin obviously touches him so, he's bound to make noise!"

            "I wonder what sounds would he make if he's in pain?"

            "Of course Jimin knows! He fucks Jungkook like a toy. Ah, it's such a shame he isn't given bigger crime scenes to handle alone other than having his sugar daddy stand by his side and walk him through each crime slowly! I overheard Jimin say he only dumbs his knowledge down so the kid could feel good."

           "I don't know about you all, but Jungkook deserves a little more. Detectives like him should be solving cases, not playing in the sex dungeon with the Chief. Such a shame. He is free to guide his own case. Chief just babys him because he feels bad the boy can't hear."

           "He is mute." Said a woman as she shoved the officer that started the whole gossip. "Hold your tongue Officer Yu. You don't know anything about the kid. So what he's with the Chief? What are you going to do? Cry about it?" Continued the woman that let out a sigh afterwards as she looked over at Jungkook. "Are you okay, Jungkook?" She asked as Jungkook stopped walking as he stood still and was trembling to himself at the sudden words he heard. There was no time to argue with Jimin about this, especially when everyone was sad at the moment with anger and regret.

             Jungkook calmed himself down and let out an exhale as he walked down to the lounge as a few Officers whispered after. Feeling a little bad they assumed he was deaf instead of mute. Either way, Jungkook now knew he wasn't so normal in the eyes of any other person that worked at the station. He kept himself from getting angry at the little things that seemed to grow so big against him. Jungkook shook off the words as he made it to the lounge and started to make coffee for Jimin and himself. Also making sure he gathered a few pastries or muffins to keep Jimin from fainting from his emotional pain.

             Jungkook was quick to grab the necessary snacks and coffee for Jimin and himself as he almost feared to make his way out of the lounge to meet the eyes of many other whispering officers that would rather continue talking about the mute boy other than understanding him. Jungkook took it upon himself to step out of the lounge and face everyone who was watching over him like he was some type of alien from a different universe.

               Just as he stepped out, the whispers stopped and everyone gazed at the Detective. Showing him how bad it was. Jungkook felt like everyone was judging his every move. The way he walked and up to the way he held the coffee and snacks. The attention was making Jungkook extremely nervous and almost made him want to cry due to the mean words they uttered and he managed to listen.