Chapter 37: Alarming

"You... Don't want to promise me this... Don't you?" Jimin asked while Jungkook nodded his head so calmly. Jimin could feel the anger just drain out of Jungkook and all that filled him was the calming relief of having the Chief there. "You want me now... I know that... But as soon as Sehiro is out of the picture, we'll be together..." Jimin continued to tell the boy. Jungkook then pulled back and looked at Jimin in the eyes to reply to him.

'I hate waiting. I'm such a mess right now I can't believe you'd tell me to wait. I just had a breakdown and the last thing I wanted to hear was wait.' Jungkook signed to Jimin while looking at him in the eyes.

           "Jungkook, I can't give you everything you want... I'm sorry. But this is how it'll be. We can't be together like this. Yesterday may have seemed like the love was still there... But I can't keep it going like this if it means you'll get hurt." Jimin said calmly. "Please get some rest. I need to go clean up..." Jimin told the boy as he stood up to approach the door but suddenly, Jungkook stood up as well to follow. "Hey, no...stay. I don't want you up right now... I need you to rest."

'I've been resting all day. I need a break from the solitude.' Jungkook signed and made a pout. 'Let me at least be in the same room as you.'

              "Jungkook, stop acting like we are still a couple... Ah, you aren't making this easy for me. I could still hug you, but it won't mean a thing after. Just a friendly hug. This breaks my heart too... I know, but I just don't want you to get hurt." Jimin added while Jungkook remained standing there and folding his arms while he looked down and finally nodded his head. Jimin felt horrible... It was like he had to break every little part of Jungkook's shattered heart to understand. Sadly, that was the only way.

            Jungkook began to despise his job. He hated the fact that the Chief had to drop the good in his life for the bad. This only left Jungkook to turn back to his silence and wallow in it. He only wished he could have lasted longer with Jimin without the drama from before. He only longed to be free from that. Jungkook walked to bed and laid down as he watched Jimin look at him and suddenly turn away to leave the room. Causing Jungkook to pout once more as he covered himself with the blanket. Normally, Jimin would do it, but now, things felt different and Jungkook didn't feel so special like before. He was back to square one and had no chance to work his way up until the grey skies went away.

           The Chief left the young boy's room and shut the door behind him. He could already imagine how upset Jungkook was right there. He hated this too but only understood that this was simple and less heart shattering than having Jungkook die in his arms. Jimin peered below him and gazed at the many shattered glass pieces below and could see the furniture tipped over too. "So... Jungkook did this..." Jimin whispered to himself and let out a sigh. He rubbed the temples on his head as he gazed down at the shattered framed pictures of him and his family along with the pages of books being torn out.

            The older then let out a sigh as he took out his phone and chose to call RM now about Jungkook. Jimin couldn't bear the small fear he was growing. Yet, he was just use to the calm and silent boy. Not the real Jungkook where he too had his mess ups and tears. Breaking up with the silent prince was enough for Jimin to see a little bit more to Jungkook. The way he handled his anger through meltdowns and the way he clung onto the last piece of his shattered heart. That was Jimin himself.

             Jimin held the phone up to his ear as he walked over to his office and closed the door behind him once he stepped in. Jimin turned on the lamp and as soon as he sat down, Namjoon finally answered. "Hello?" Namjoon's voice could be heard on the other side of the line as Jimin felt happy to hear someone else's voice other than pure silence.