Chapter 12: Drinks

Jungkook excitedly stepped out of the office and held such a happy smile on his face while he held the straps of his backpack and looked forward to head off with Jimin to his house and share a few drinks. He could already imagine the cold drinks they could share and the things Jimin could talk to him about. This alone made Jungkook excited to pack up a few clothes to stay with Jimin. When he spent the night at the Chief's house before his first day, he didn't feel alone and grew happy to just stand by his partner's side.

         As Jungkook stood outside of the office and watched how a few police officers ran out to fight crime, Jimin was still packing up. He wondered why he felt so happy to have the young detective by his side. He never really cared much about the boy because he was mute and nothing about him could be heard and always thought something wouldn't ever work out between them... But after reading what Jungkook sent him through text, made Jimin realize that Jungkook really felt bad deep down because he was mute. Taking the fault why he was so unlikable by the Chief.

        "Maybe I should give the kid a chance..." Jimin told himself and pulled the cabinet of his desk open to see that the sign language book and Namjoon's journal notes were still there. "If he's going to be my partner... I have to believe in him..." Jimin thought and picked up the books. Finally giving a chance to learn sign language so he could bond with the younger. Of course, Jimin hoped to learn this secretly and bring it up once he becomes fluent so he could surprise Jungkook. Just thinking of signing to Jungkook and understand him, made the older think of how happy the silent boy would feel if they could communicate through the same language. This was enough to motivate Jimin so he could learn for his partner and only him.

          Jimin set the books into his briefcase among with his laptop as he finally stepped out and locked the door before leaving the office for the day. "So, Jungkook? Do you want to go pack up your stuff for the night?" Jimin asked while Jungkook nodded and stopped so he could walk alongside the Chief like always. Jungkook kept his eyes focused on the older happily. Wanting to listen to everything he had to say because Jimin was the one who actually understood him.

          "Leaving already?" Namjoon called out as he caught up with the two and smiled at them once more. "How was the investigation?"

          "It was great! Tomorrow Jungkook and I are going to interview the people around the neighborhood along with the wife." Jimin told Namjoon as the older tilted his head to the side and gazed at the younger who was standing there blanky. Just then, Namjoon made sign gestures to Jungkook and held a smile to communicate with the younger. Yet again, Jimin couldn't ask what they were communicating about, but he suddenly watched Jungkook make a smile and look his way before looking back at Namjoon and responding to the Dispatcher.

            "I see you both are going to drink? That's nice." Namjoon said while Jimin let out a chuckle.

            "Well not too much. We still have work the next day. Maybe a few. I can last with a good three. But for Jungkook, I think he should only drink one tonight. I don't know how bad he has his throat damaged, so I don't want to cause any issues." Jimin said while Namjoon looked at Jimin and patted his shoulder.

           "It's okay for him. It wasn't like he was recently injured. That was five years ago! Let him drink. I would join you both but I'm busy working a night shift...  With officer Riyu... As always." Namjoon said and rolled his eyes.

          "What's wrong with my Officer?" Jimin asked the older while Namjoon looked around before answering to Jimin.

           "I don't really like him... I don't really see him around the station and he doesn't see me. So, when something goes missing, he blames me. Ugh, I can take the blame for breaking something... But, it's all fun and games until he brings up criminal cases and tries to pin them on me. I'm on your side! I'm literally the Dispatcher..." Namjoon added and let out a sigh. "Time for a long night with the constant and usual bickering. Wish me luck." Concluded RM as Jimin laughed and patted Namjoon's shoulder before walking off with Jungkook for the night.