Chapter 12

Elisabeth's perspective:
When Joey ran away from us I knew something terrible was up. We decided to run after him. I'm not very trained so we walked the last hundred meters to his house.
"Wow, is this where he lives" I asked
"Yeah"
"It's beautiful"
"Not better than mine"
"Yes"
"No"
"Yes"
"Okay fine" he laughed.
Suddenly we heard a strange sound. It sounded like someone threw something at the floor.
"Oh oh" we looked at each other and ran inside.
"Joey" I screamed "Joey! Where are you"
"Come on bud, it's not funny"
We searched the first floor, and we were on our way up when Payton said
"Is it just me or does it smell weird?"
"No, you're right it smells weird. Very weird"
We started with the bathroom and there is where we found him. Sitting on the floor with his left wrist cut open.
"Omg! Omg! No no no no" I ran over there and tried to stop him from bleeding to death.
"Here let me.."
"NO PAYTON!!! DONT TUCH ME!!! CALL 911!" I cried "please Joey, please don't leave me."
Payton just stood there.
"NOW!!" I screamed, my body was shaking so much.
Payton ran outside and called the ambulance. I took some paper towels and put them around his wrist but it bleed through, I putted my hands on the scar and pushed for everything I had. I started to hear sirens.
I can't let him die, I just can't. How did this happen? The ambulance was right outside and soon enough they came rushing in.
"Joey, what have you done" I whispered before they took him from my bloody arms and rolled him to the hospital.
"Hey, young lady" a woman said. "What you did when we were on our way was very good. You might have saved his life. Would you mind come with us to the hospital"
I couldn't think, my brain were all fuzzy. I sat there starring at my red hands letting all my tears out.
"Do you think you can do that"
I looked up and nodded. She helped me up. She said that we didn't have time to wash my hands and Payton were already on his way to the hospital with the ambulance.

***

When we got there Payton came running over to me.
"Are you okay" he said. I just hugged him, I cried like crazy. I could barely even breathe.
"He will be okay" he whispered "he's a strong man, he can survive"
We got some clothes from the women and I got a room to shower. I usually think a lot when I'm in the shower but it was like I didn't have feelings, I didn't feel completely alive. Then we went to the waiting room.
We sat there in about 3 hours until someone called my name.
"Is he going to be okay? Is he alive?" I asked
"We don't know, he's alive but he needs to rest. We haven't made contact with him yet but I think it could be useful to have his girlfriend here for a while. He can feel your presence he just can't make any contact back"
I felt so small, so helpless. I wanted to do something but I didn't think anything would help.
"He's in coma"
"And he's not her boyfriend, I am" Payton said, I felt proud somehow. But we're not really together. We're just pretending, right?