Chapter 21

1 week until summer break:
"Hey Eli" Joey said

"Hey babe" Eli said and kissed him

"Babe? That was something new"

"Yeah" she smiled and took his hand "let's grab our stuff"

***

"So I'm going to visit a friend in La named Charles in two weeks after summer break starts" Joey said

"Nooo, I'm gonna miss you"

"Im gonna miss you too but you can hang out with Payton or make some new friends while I'm away"

Elisabeth's perspective:
Payton. I totally forgot about him.
He helped me so much and I haven't even thanked him, wow, what a friend.

"I have to talk to Payton" I said quick "I'll be right back"

I walked away towards the lockers. And I founded him right where I thought he was.

"Payt" I said loudly

"Hey" he said and hugged me

"I know I haven't talk to you that much since I got together with Joey and I'm sorry. I wanna thank you so much for everything you've done for me. I really appreciate it"

"Well you helped me too"

"Joey told me you're not interested in Joline, it's fine"

"Oh." He looked down "so what are you doing later today"

"Nothing, do you wanna hang out" I asked and he looked up

"Sure! But what about Joey"

"Oh, he's going to visit his grandparents so it's okay"

"Do you think he would mind"

"No, he knows that you don't like me in that way"

He nodded.

3d day of summer break:

"Eli, sweetie. Would you like to go and buy some milk and butter please" Eli's mom called from the kitchen.

"Ugh, now?" she said

"Yes please"

"Fine" she said, paused Netflix and crawled out of her bed.

She looked in the mirror. Sighted and decided to put on some concealer to cover up her dark circles and took another look in the mirror. Now on her clothes: pajamas. She changed into shorts and a short ripped t-shirt.

"Good enough" she muttered and went downstairs.

"I almost thought you died upstairs" her mom said sarcastically

"Ha ha very funny"

***
She walked around in the store and tried to find the butter.

"I've seen you walk around here for a while, can I help you find something" a man voice said.
She turned around. In front of her stood a guy. His hair was brown and so was his eyes. He was about 5'8 and looked like he was only a year older.

"Yes please" she said and realized she had been starring at him. "Uhm, butter. And milk"

He showed her the way and it turned out that she had been walked past the butter and milk several times.

"So what's your name" she asked

"Josh, what about you"he said, happy that she asked

"Eli, short for Elisabeth"

"Cool. Would you like to hang out sometime maybe?"

She knew it wouldn't be such a good idea but she couldn't say no. He was so nice. And handsome, not like Joey of course.

"Sure, why not" she smiled and took up her phone "Here's my number"

"Okay" he said "see ya later then"

"Yeah, Bye"

She went to pay for the things and then straight home. And Josh didn't leave her thoughts until she feel asleep later that night.

O oh:))