Chapter 33

I didn't go to school after our breakup, I chose to spend my time away from this town, I went to La to meet my pal Charles Gitnick, who had live there. The weeks flew by, it was now christmas break. The Gitnick family were spending the holiday at our house. During this period I had tried to avoid anything that had to do with Eli. Had it been successful? No.
Everytime I woke up she would be the first thing on my mind and when I fell asleep she was there too, kissing me goodnight. I hated myself for what I did but I thought we'd be better off without each other.
Every now and then she'd text me, wondering if I'm still alive and why I haven't talked to her. But I knew she'd be okay eventually.

Eli's perspective:
It had been way too long. I tried to contact Joey but he never responded. I tried to move on, I spent more and more time with Payton, he was the only one that made me feel okay.
"Eli we sould go and talk to Santa and bring him Luke's wish-list" mom said.
I stood by the window, watching the rain gently  kiss the ground. I let out a little "mmmhmmmm" to let her know I heard.
"Mom I'm actually 8 now, I don't believe in Santa anymore! Only small children believe in him" Luke said
"Well, too bad. Anyways, are you coming? Dad will be home any minute so he'll watch the kids"
"I can't, I've promised Payton that we'd hang out at his place" I said in a distant voice
"Well I'll drive you. But can we just stop by Target first to see if they have those Mini bells that I want"
"Sure" Mom have been obsessing over the Mini bells ever since her sister Margret bought two of them a few days ago.
The drive seemed longer than it usually does but it was nice. Sitting there in a car with christmas music playing on the radio while the rain streamed down the car windows.
I helped to look for the bells.
"Maybe they're down here" I said and walked around the corner. Someone accidentally hit me when passing by.
"Sorry" we said at the same time and I   inhaled the wind of cologne, I directly recognized it. I turend around and faced a 5'8 dark headed male figure.
We stood there for a moment.
"uhh...hi...Eli" he said
"Jo-joey"