Chapter 29

He sat up.

"NO PAYTON LAY DOWN! YOU NEED TO LAY DOWN IM CALLING 911"

After that I spent three days in a hospital. His parents thanked me and so did his friends and the doctors. Now you may wonder "why?" Well let me tell ya;
Remember when Payton heard that click after he had been stabbed? (If you don't, go back one chapter and read it again)
It was the blade of the knife who cracked. The man who attacked Payton had managed to take an old knife and the handle of it was loose so it just cracked and instead of piping out it just cut deeper into Payton's body. 2 inches of his liver had been harmed and so had some of his nerves.
And if I hadn't brought him to the hospital I would have been dead.
Joey came by a couple of times and Payton and Joey got really close. I heard them talking and I heard Joey say:
"you mean a great deal to Eli, you know. I don't think I've ever seen her care this much about someone."

"So you're jealous" Payton asked

"Of course I'm jealous but I mean, I trust her and I know she loves you and anyone that she loves I love, or at least I try" and they laughed

Joline also came by one time, she said she was there to look how I was holding up but everyone knows she wanted to apologize to Payton too. She brought flowers another time but she could face him yet.
Until the day of his surgery, he had to stand in line for three days!!! THREE DAYS!!!! Cause as the doctors said "we have other patients that have more urgent surgeries".
But anyways, she came around by 10.40am and his surgery was at 11.05 so she felt like she wanted to clear stuff up between them cause she thought the same as we all did; we might as well loose him.

Dm my ig if u have any ideas