Chapter 31

I sat in the car and thought about everything that have been happening lately. I felt a bit bad, every since that damn party my life has been a total mess. Eric, fell for my best friends boyfriend, pretended to be in a relationship, Joey almost dying, then Josh happend and then the attack.
I pulled up at the hospital hoping that Payton would be awake, I could really use a friend right now. I've had a little problem talking to Joline, it feels like we've drifted apart. It hurts to think about it, I really don't wanna lose her.
"Hey I'm here to see Payton Moormeier" I said to the receptionist.
"What's your name dear"
"Elizabeth"
"Oh...so you're the one he won't shut up about"
"Sorry what?"
"I don't think I've ever seen someone that fond of another human being"
"Oh yeah, he's a great friend"
"Honey I don't think he has just friendship on his mind"
A weird feeling hit me. It felt like someone had punched me in the stomach. My head ached a little
"No! Stop it Eli. Shit. Stop imagining things! You have a boyfriend come on now" I thought to myself.
"So...uhm...where's his room then" I asked
"Down the hall, see that elevator. Take it to the 3rd floor and then the first room to the left. Room 301"
"Right, thanks"
I went up the elevator and then I stopped. Took a deep breath and opened up the door to room 301.
The room looked just like any hospital room, white walls, pretty small with a bed in the middle and then a door to the bathroom.
A chair stood right beside the bed, in witch Payton was dozing off.
"Hi there" he whispered
"How are you feeling" I asked and sat down
"A bit...stabbed?" He let out a little laugh
Time passed by as we talked. By the time the sun went down I was laying there with him.
"You have to stop making me laugh Eli, it hurts!"
"Never" he tickled me and all of a sudden we were face to face, only 2 inches apart. I could feel his hands around my waist and he leans in. Our lips touch for a few seconds and then I pulled away.
"Payton....Joey....I can't hurt him"
"Oh right"
I felt bad, really bad but I wanted more.
"But he won't find out about it so.." I said and kissed him again.

The following days I spent a lot of time with Payton and Joey came to the hospital every now and then too. It was a bit weird to have them both in the same room after what happened but I tried to ignore it.

It was a grey and windy day. I had been at the hospital for an hour, Payton was able to walk again, with some help from me. We took a walk around the place. It might not have been the ideal date but it was a bit romantic.
*Ring ring*
"Oh sorry" I picked up "hi babe"
"Hi there, when are you coming home"
"Oh....I don't know, I'm at th.."
"..the hospital. I know. Have you forgotten our date tonight"
My heart sank
"Oh my god I'm so sorry. I totally forgot about that"
"Yeah you seem to have forgotten a lot of things lately. But I guess it's just our different way of prioritizing"
"What d.."
"Anyway have a good day then, oh and say hi to your boyfriend from me"
"Hey! What..." he hung up

I am really sorry I haven't been active for a while ❤️