Chapter 32

"Hey! What..." he hung up.
It felt like someone had ripped my heart. I was mad.
"What's up" Payton asked
"I-I don't know, I think he just dumped me"
"What?! And I thought he loved you"
"Yeah me too" I said and a tear rolled down my cheek. I tried to call him but it was for nothing, he didn't pick up. I left the hotel and drove to Joey's house, but when I knocked no one opened.

Joey's perspective:
I saw Eli come out of her car through the kitchen window. I knew she would knock and wanna "talk about it". I considered opening but nope, I wasn't ready and although I knew that waiting isnt something that she's willing to do I felt like that's exactly what she's gonna do. She hurt me. Bad. And now I need some time away from her.
Nobody was home, witch was nice. I needed some alone-time. I walked over to the door sat down and pressed by back against the cold wooden door.
"Hello, is anybody home?" she called
I held my breath even though I knew she wasn't able to hear me. She knocked one more time. A minute flew by, and every other second I had to convincemyself not to open the door and hug her tight and it hurt, it hurt so bad. The tears burned in my eyes but I convinced myself not to let them fall. After a while I heard her footsteps fade away, and she drove off. The feeling was revealing but depressing.
I felt my phone vibrate and I looked at it, for the 100th time

12 missed calls from: Eli❤️❤️❤️

From: Eli❤️❤️❤️
Pick up

From: Eli❤️❤️❤️
I'm so sorry, please let me explain.

From: Eli❤️❤️❤️
Call me back

I changed her name and went upstairs. I took a hot bath and soon after that I fell asleep, in the couch with a photo of me and Eli clutched in my hands.