Chapter 3

-Leatham Series-

Daisy's POV

Arriving at home about six in the evening, I stepped my feet into the house in a weary move through the living room. The only one thing I needed was my comfy bed before passing out all night.

Yet, I needed to stop my pace first as I glimpsed a bald man in the living room, wearing a white casual t-shirt matched a long sweat pants and his eyes focused on the phone screen seriously. He didn't even notice my presence.

"Is that you?" I narrowed my eyes, there was a doubt lacing on my voice. "Dad?"

He turned his gaze up to me, smirking while getting up from the couch. "Will I get my hug?" asked him in a tease tone, spreading his arms.

"Daddy!" I immediately ran towards him and hugged him so very tightly. It's been a while we haven't seen each other since he was being a psychiatrist at one of hospitals in England. "I miss you, Dad."

"I miss you more, my daughter." said him in his deep voice, hugging me back and kissing the top of my head. I always felt so safe and warm every time I had him around me.

"Why you didn't tell me if you wanna go home?" I backed out of the hug to take my opportunity looking up at him.

"Surprise." his tone was sounded like surprising a toodler girl but in the quiet way still. We shared giggling each other after I slapped his chest playfully. He's got a good sense of humor, sometimes. "Well, actually—I've got a big guest for this night. He's coming at seven," he glanced down at his phone screen to know what time is it. "You've still got much time to cook your best food," his green eyes slowly went up to me. "Will you, sweetie?"

"Sure thing, sir." I saluted him by giving him my best smile. "I'll cook my best food, especially for you and your guest but please let me having a shower first since I don't want to cook in a—" I lifted my right armpit, and my face frowning in disgust when I smelt it. Yikes.

"A-ah, y-yes, you're right," Dad scratched his temple. "Just take your time. I'll be waiting for you here."

"Thanks," I smiled awkwardly, letting the embarassed consumed all over my body. "Dad." turned myself around and left.

After taking a shower and cooking some foods for a while, I put all of foods onto the dining table while setting them up so neatly. Since I knew there would be an important guest coming over here, I wore an oversized dark brown t-shirt with a black skirt so I could be easily moving around—just in case, my dad will need my help to get him a beer, another snack or something else—pulled my blonde hair into a messy bun because I didn't want to be seen mess in front of him and got him thinking my dad didn't support his daughter well.

Ting Tong!

"Sweetie!" Dad shouted out from the living room, paused me from the whole of my activities. "Can you please—"

"Sure thing, Daddy!" I cut him off before he finished it, "I'll get it," shouting back at him and jogging to the front door. "Good evening, s—" my words and shine face faded away a little by little—replaced it by my widened eyes in surprise when I caught him in front of me. Really??

"Hey, Daisy." he greeted me in a mock tone, smirking triumphantly. "You miss me?" my eyes went up to down at his appearance, knowing him wear a tight black t-shirt—which made his hard chest showing off clearly—covered by a black blazer and a chain loose necklace around his neck as usual. Yet, there were no little white earrings on his ears and I guessed it was because he wanted to impress my dad with his good looking. He moved his palm in front of me, making me come back to this shitty reality. "There seems a girl mesmerizing of how I look like tonight." he chuckled confidently. Such an asshole.