Chapter 6

-Leatham Series-

Jake's POV

We stepped into an elevator and thankfully, the elevator was quiet. There was nobody but us and I was so glad about that for I could spend my short time with her only. Pressing on the twenty-third floor button, and leaning my back against the elevator wall while Daisy was in front of me with carrying her backpack over her shoulder. Wait, her backpack?

Shit. Why I didn't notice if she's been carrying her thing from earlier??

I stepped closer to her abruptly and took it off—making her turn herself around spontaneously by giving me a wonder look.

"What are you doing?" asked her.

I slipped her backpack on my shoulder and smiled innocently. "Just want you relax." she rolled her eyes to upward as her responded and turned her back around with crossing her arms against her chest at this time.

On the fifth floor, the elevator door jingled and my eyes caught a sea of people waiting outside with their hungry eyes—as if we were a fresh main course that just came out from the kitchen—when it opened. They started to walk into the elevator in the quick motion until I had to stand in the corner of elevator, pulling straight Daisy's wrist to be closer to me. I just didn't want to see her drowning in the middle of them.

She turned around and looked up at me. "Jake..." she shut her eyes and called my name underneath her breath, panting. I looked down at her, unknowingly resting my forehead against her.

"It's okay, baby. I'm here." I could feel her warm breath as our face was just miles inches away. Maybe if there was nobody still, I would've kissed her in the lips straightly.

I wrapped my hands to around her waist as the elevator was getting full, pulling her slightly so I could feel her breasts against my chest now. God, I hope she doesn't feel my hard friend.

"Jake..." she clung her hands to around my neck as this elevator was getting narrow all of a sudden, made her breasts bumping on my chest tightly. "This elevator is so full. I can't breath." she continued lowly.

She's right. I couldn't even draw my breath well. It sucks being in here for long but on the other hand, I was happy this thing was running so slow but I couldn't bear to see her taking a breath in hurricane.

"I don't want to step my feet into this ugly building anymore." she pointed out peevishly.

"This elevator is not used to be like this actually." I chuckled. "Calm down, we almost get in."

"Oh my God." she rested her face on my chest and it instantly managed to make my heart racing. Hopefully this thing stopped or at least broke down for a while since I didn't want time fly so fast. I enjoyed this moment very much even if I still hoped, she didn't hear my heartbeat.

"I love you, Daisy." I mouthed with no any sound that was heard. She didn't realize it since she still buried her face against my hard chest. My bright face faded away when I caught the elevator screen was on the twenty-second floor. Yup. Time's up, buddy. "Baby," I whispered on her ears. "Get ready. We almost get in."

She lifted her face and looked up at me. "What floor are we on?"

I was about to answer but the elevator jingled, indicating we just got to the twenty-third floor—then simultaneously the door was opened.

"Here we go." I pulled my hands away from her waist and she did the same thing. "Come on." she turned back around and walked out slowly while I trailed her from behind like I was her bodyguard.