Chapter 43

-Leatham Series-

Ten years later...

Daisy's POV

"Where is your sister, Nic?" I asked to Nicolas as he sat down across me.

"She's in her bedroom." Tristan interrupted as he walked into the dining room, pulling a chair out next to Nicolas.

"Why don't you invite her to eat with us?" Jake asked who sat down on the head chair curiously.

"She's crying, Dad." Nicolas answered. "She kept crying when we were on the way to home."

"And we don't know why." Tristan added while putting a meat steak on his plate. "I almost did not concentrate when I was driving."

Jake and I instantly got up from our chairs then walked straight to her bedroom. I was so curious and worry with her condition.

Remembered, she had an asthma and she was not supposed to cry continually. It could be harmed her.

"Clover." I approached to her on the bed as I walked into her bedroom, hugging her from the side and resting her head on my shoulder.

"What happened, sweetie?" Jake asked curiously as he had sat down on the edge bed, across us. "Why are you keep crying?" When she was about to answer, she was out of breath abruptly.

"Where's your inhaler?" I asked frantically.

She did not answer besides pointed at her backpack on the bedside table. Jake quickly grabbed the backpack and took her inhaler out, handing her inhaler frantically.

Clover immediately drew breath on her inhaler repeatedly and she leaned her back against the headboard, trying to calm herself down.

"Are you okay, sweetie?" I asked in a panic tone. She nodded slowly as her answered. "Why did you cry?"

"My friends bullied me because I'm freak, Mom, Dad." She looked down at her lap. Tears starting to pool back in her eyes. "They said, I'm a sickly girl and I'll die in a matter of days. They also said, if my life is only troubled my family and I do not deserve to life." Tears slowly fell down from her eyes to her cheeks and her voice sounded in quiver of sad.

I could not help this anymore. My heart really hurt as I heard her story. She was still ten years old and she shouldn't have experienced be like this.

I got up from the bed and then walked out of her bedroom toward my room while crying.

I could hear if Jake kept calling me out but I did not stop my stride. I could not look at her like that.

My heart really hurt and I also could not show my tears in front of her. I did not want hurt her or even made her getting cried and sad.

Jake's POV

"Baby!" I kept calling her out but she also kept running out. I exhaled long sighed, moving closer to beside Clover.

I ran my left arm around her shoulder, resting her head on my shoulder. Caressing and kissing on top of her head to try calm her down.

"They are wrong, princess." I explained calmly, looking down at her. "You will not die and we don't feel trouble with your presence in our life at all, sweetie. You're our treasure that God has sent to us. Don't listen to them, sweetie."

"But, I'm so inferiority, Dad." She exclaimed sadly while sobbing. "I'm a sickly girl and I hate this. There's no any person want to be my friend because they're afraid of being infected with me, Dad." She was out of breath back and I immediately aimed her inhaler to her mouth.