Chapter 10

-Leatham Series-

Daisy's POV

"Daisy," I heard a soft door knock on my bedroom door along with Blake's voice that woke me up from my good dream. "Daisy, your friends have waited for you in the living room since ten minutes ago. Please, get up, I'm going to my gym and kick-box place."

"Tell them that I'll be there in ten minutes!" I shouted after I knew he wasn't there anymore, sitting up, stretching my arms shortly before dragging my exhausted body off from the bed and heading towards the bathroom in the lazy pace.

After taking a quick shower for like, fifteen minutes later, I've dressed up with an oversized strap long sleeves shirt, matched with a denim jeans and a simple black flat shoes of mine. Letting my chest length wavy blonde hair dropped down onto my chest for covering my breasts from everyone's eyesight and I grabbed my black cross body bag out from the closet, putting my phone and other stuff that I needed into it and now made my way to go down to the living room, seeing my friends that had waited for me for kind of a long time already.

Today was my final day to do some research for the last final exam in college. I had to have survey, observe and learn of some mental kids at an orphanage. I was not going to do this just for making a good grade, but I was going to do this for being their friend or big sister if they wanted to.

"Did you have sleep well, little girl?" Juan mimicked Jake's voice when he saw me walking down the stairs, made me chuckle.

"Hey," Bryana turned to him with her frown eyebrows disagreed. "Jake's voice is huskier and teaser. If he had a voice like yours, I bet she wouldn't fall in love with him."

"I don't fall in love with him." I said after standing up in front of them sitting down on the couch still. "Come on, we have no any time." And with that, I walked out of the house first while they just trailed off behind me like a puppy.

Arriving at the orphanage in Salzy 5 street, we took out some big boxes of books, clothes and snacks from the trunk of Bryana's car. I actually can drive a car but unfortunately, I have no my own car and Juan... he can't drive a car yet though we know, he's the richest one among us. He said he would learn once he got a girlfriend but he doesn't have one so far that I think... It would take so long for him to be able to drive.

"Are you sure only us here?" Bryana said closing the trunk after each of us carrying one box in the hands.

"If you find out many students here, it's called field-trip." Juan joked in which replied an eye-roll by Bryana.

"How did you know about this place, Daisy?" she jogged to keep it up with me that was walking towards the front door first.

"Sam told me," I knocked on the front door slowly once we got there and in the third knock, the door was opened and there was a woman who was probably in 35's smiled friendly at me. "Hey, good morning, Ma'am. Is this—"

"I'm Amra," she cut me off kindly. "Nice to meet you, Daisy."

"You know me?"

"Of course. Sam has told me about you—come on in, the kids have waited for you guys." Then, she stepped into the house with being followed by us.

I walked into the center room which there had already many kids who they were drawing, coloring the cartoon characters, reading books and playing with one the other kids.

I felt sad suddenly when I saw them. They were too cute to be here. They ought to be in a house with a mother and father who take care of them warmly and kindly.

"Kids..." The orphan's woman voice distracted them, making them looked up at us. "We're already arrival two good girls and a boy who will accompany us for all this day." They screamed cheerfully and happily. "Say hi to...."