Chapter 33

-Leatham Series-

Jake's POV

As soon as I bought two boxes of feeding bottles, I walked into the Daisy's hospital room calmly. I did not only buy feeding bottles but also a few foods for my kids and wife.

"Good afternoon, guys." I opened and closed the door excitedly.

"Woooow... what have you bought, Dad?" Nicolas' eyes widened amazedly as he looked at my gripping hand, he sat down next to Daisy on the bed.

"Where's your brother?" I asked to him as I sat down on the edge bed.

"I'm here." Tristan answered as he went out from the bathroom, rubbing his back with a towel.

"Where are the feeding bottles, honey?" I turned my head to Daisy, taking out the feeding bottles from the plastic bag, and gave it to her.

"Are those not too much for Clover?" Nicolas asked innocently, looking up to see Daisy's eyes.

"Of course not, sweetie. She needs my breath milk as much as possible so that she can be healty soon." Daisy explained softly.

I put Nicolas down from the bed and then handed the foods. "You better to eat first, smart boy." I said while ruffling his brown hair then he walked toward the couch.

I sat myself down on the edge bed when Daisy took the pump breast on the bedside table as if she was ready to pump for nth times.

As she unbuttoned her shirt, I could see her pretty swollen breasts in front of my eyes. My friend had grown up so hardened only for seeing her just like that.

"Are you horn?" She asked while pumping. Her voice sounded teasingly.

"Do you notice it?" I immediately took a pillow to cover my bulge.

"It has been looked, Jake." She let out a soft laugh. "Why you're so impatient, hm?"

"I'm patient, babe. I just couldn't help to see you're half naked in front of me." I exhaled long sigh. "Damn. Why it takes so long, God."

"You said you've been used to wait."

"But, forty days are like ten decades for me, baby. God." I looked up to see ceiling as if I was talking to God. "Why does my throughout life have to be spent for waiting?"

"Because you're a patient man, honey." She commented in a joke tone.

"Hey, Dad." I threw my glances through my right shoulder, turning my eyes at Tristan. He was eating with his brother hungrily. "Why you don't eat?"

"I'm not hungry with those foods, boy. I'm only hungry with your mom."

"Jake..." Daisy called me in her warn tone.

"I'm just kidding," I chuckled. "I'm going to eat with your mom later."

"Dad." Nicolas turned his head to me while bitting his chicken wings. "Could I meet Clover?"

"Yeah. I want to see her too." Tristan added. "It's okay if only we just see her from the outside room."

"Just finish your eat first, sweetie." Daisy interrupted in her soft tone. "Okay?"

"Okay, Mom." Their voice sounded in an eager tone. I thought they could not wait to see their little sister and I did too.

I missed her already.

***

"Is that her?" Nicolas asked while peeping from the outside window. He had to tip-toe his feet because his height was still kind of shorter than his brother.

"Why she's so little?" Tristan asked confusedly. He was also peeping next to his brother. "She looks like a kitten. Even, her skin is kind of yellow."

"That's so common for a premature baby, Tristan." Nicolas explained.

"How did you know about that?" Tristan turned his head to him.

Nicolas turned his head to him. "I've ever read a book of a premature baby."

"Oh my God. I forgot if you're a nerd boy."

No, I'm not." Nicolas corrected quickly. "I don't wear a big black eyeglasses."

"Boys..." Daisy interrupted them in her warn tone, making the boys turned back around, seeing their mom who was sitting down on the wheelchair.

"I'm sorry, Mom." Nicolas looked down at the floor.

"It's okay, buddie." I said, making him lifted his head and looking up to see me who was standing behind Daisy's wheelchair. "Come on. We have to give these feeding bottles for your little sister."

And, we headed straight toward ICU room. When I was about to open the door, a nurse went out, greeting us kindly.

"I just want to give your feeding bottles back." She smiled widely. "May I help you, Mr. and Mrs. Leatham?"

"Oh. It's so right time. I just want to give my breast milk for her." Daisy handed ten new feeding bottles to her then she gave the others feeding bottles back to her.

The nurse took it well. "Oh, ya. Last night, your daughter was out of breath again."

"How came?" I asked curiously. "Did she cry again?"

"Ya." The nurse looked up at my eyes. "She cried since she was hungry but after we gave her your breast milk..." The nurse looked down at Daisy. "...her cried stopping. She even finished all of your feeding bottles quickly."

"Aw... She's so cute." Daisy commented in her cute voice. "Whenever she needed my breast milk, you know where my room is."

"Okay, Mrs." She smiled. "Sorry, I have to go. Thanks for your breast milk, Mrs." She said politely then walked into the ICU room.

"Was I so hungry with your breast milk as well when I was her age?" Tristan asked curiously to Daisy.

"Was I too?" Nicolas asked curiously as well.

"No, you both were not." Daisy answered. "Only Clover who is really hungry with my breath milk."

"I think... there's one person who is really starving with your breath milk, Mom." Tristan twisted his lips as if he was thinking.

"Who is he or she?" Daisy asked confusedly. "I guess, I only have three kids."

"Not your kids, Mom. But..." Tristan went his eyes up to me and so did Nicolas.

"What?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

How can he know that???

"I think at that time, we were not really hungry with your breast milk because Dad had been finished that." Tristan went his hand around Nicolas' shoulder. "Come on, Nic."

"But, I'm still confused and I don't get it, Tristan." Nicolas scratched his right temple as if he was confused, furrowing his eyebrows as if he was thinking. "Why did Dad finish our breast milk? Besides, he was not a baby like us."

"I'll show you a very good book special only for you. Come on." Tristan patted his upper arm playfully. Then, they left.

"How could he know about that?" I mumbled peevishly. "Did my groan too loud out?"

Daisy let out a soft laugh. "Come on, Jake. We have to go to our room as fast as possible before Tristan showing his very good book."

Oh my God. How can I forget if my sons are still seven and four??

I immediately pushed Daisy's wheelchair straight toward the room before something that unwanted to be happened.