Mission

Dylan's POV

We had just got home from the twins' birthday party when I got an alert. I grabbed Dani (who was staying with us for a little while with Liam and Chelsea, as well as Rachel and Carter) and went out to the backyard. I opened up the alert to be met by Cher's image.

"Hey girls, I know it's the twins' birthday and your day off, but I just got information that y'all just might want to hear," she told us.

"What is it Cher?" I asked.

"Well, I got info back on your adoptive dad. It turns out, Joe wasn't the one who killed him. The agency wants you to figure out who killed him, but they want something that I told them wouldn't happen."

"What did they want?" Dani asked. Cher sighed.

"They want Joe to work with you."

"WHAT?! NO F**KING WAY!!! HE'S NOT HELPING US!!" Dani exclaimed.

"Look, that's what I told them. They said if you want to stay with the agency, you better do it. Boss says before you go on the mission, which the agency is forcing you to go on, Joe wants to speak to everyone. Do the twins know about him?"

"The twins know that he raped me and got me pregnant with them. They also know that's he's in jail, but not when he's getting out or why he's there," I answered.

"Alright, well, gather everyone up tomorrow. Joe's either gonna give you a call or show up at your place soon, so be prepared. Also, you might want to tell the twins about him." If you haven't already guessed, we're special agents for the FBI. All of us are. The teenagers (Karla, Rydel, August, Jacob and River) are all in the kid spies unit. The younger ones are in training to be agents.

"Okay, we'll talk to them and call everyone up."

"Okay then, bye girls, I'll see you tomorrow. I'm going to be armed, as well as the other agents. Tell the agents to be armed alright? You two should be armed too."

"Ok, bye Cher!"

"Bye girls." We walked back into the house and into the living room. I let out a sigh, and everyone looked up.

"What's wrong mama?" Carter asked concernedly.

"Umm, well Cher gave Dani and I a mission that we have to go on. It turns out that James wasn't killed by Joe. The agency wants us to go on a mission with Joe to find the killer. He's supposed to be showing up soon," I explained.

"Ah h*ll no! He ain't coming near any of us!" Carter exclaimed as she jumped up from her seat.

"Carter, I agree with you, but if we don't do this, we will be kicked out of the agency," Dani told her.

"We don't just mean Dani and I will get kicked out, all of us will," I added. A gasp swept throughout the room. The doorbell rang. "That's probably him." I went to go open the door. As I opened it, I heard Karla and Rydel yelling at Dani and Lauren.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US OUR FATHER IS A MURDERER?!! WHAT ELSE DID HE DO?!! WAS HE A RAPIST TO EVERYONE?!! OR JUST MAMA?!!" They screamed. I sighed and looked at Joe, who was standing in the doorway looking at me shocked.

"What?" I snapped.

"Y-You just look beautiful. You're not the slightly immature teenager I remember," he replied as he chose his words carefully.

"Well, people change. You're not the **shole I remember either," I replied. I smiled a little, and he laughed a little about that. "C'mon, everyone's waiting." I started to walk off, but he stopped me.

"Listen, I wanted to apologize. I know you'll probably never forgive me, and you have a very good reason not to, but I still want to apologize. I was having a lot of problems when I did the things I did, but I got help. I'm a lot better now because of it."