Lauren's Birthday Part 1

Lauren's POV

It had been two days since that Calvers guy came to the house, and it was my birthday.

"Mom! Mom! Wake up mom!" I heard Jaden exclaim.

"I'm up J! I'm up!" I exclaimed as I laughed at his eagerness. He dragged me out of bed, and I felt him pull me down the steps. I smelled bacon and eggs cooking, and I could hear Karla's laughter.

"Mama! Mama quit!" I heard Rydel exclaim.

"Mama! Quit tickling Ry!" Karla exclaimed. They must've noticed I was in there because it went quiet. Then I felt Dylan's arms wrap around my waist, and her hands pressed into my back. I hugged her back.

"Feliz cumpleaños mi amor," she whispered. (Happy birthday my love.)

"Thank you baby, te amo mi corazón," I whispered. We pulled away, and I felt Karla and Rydel hug me. (Thank you baby, I love you my heart.)

"Happy birthday mom," they said.

"Thank you babies," I told them with a smile. Even though I can't see, this is one of the best birthdays ever. There was a knock at the door. "I'll get it," I said. I whistled. Simba, my seeing eye dog, came up and nudged my hand. I grabbed the bar on his harness. "Front door Simba," I told him. He walked us to the front door, and then he hit the handle and pulled it down to open the door.

"Good boy!" I heard the voice, a voice I hadn't heard in years except on the radio, exclaimed as the door opened, and I sensed a person had walked in.

"Carly?" I asked.

"It's me LoLo," she replied.

"CARLY!" I exclaimed as I threw myself at her and hugged her. She laughed and hugged me back.

"Hey Lo, happy birthday. How're ya?" she asked. I could clearly tell she'd lost her American accent, and it was now a clear Australian accent.

"Thanks. I'm good, what about you?" I replied in a friendly way.

"I'm good. So-" she got cut off by a little voice.

"Mum, who dis?" I heard a child's voice ask.

"This is your mum's old friend. Her name's Lauren," Carly replied.

"Who's that?" I asked.

"His name is Jesse, he's my son. Jesse, tell Lauren how old you are," Carly explained.

"I'm six!" Jesse replied.

"So you're a big boy! I have a boy too, his name's Jaden. So Carly, I heard you got married?" I could her her laugh.

"Yeah, Calum's great. I love him so much, and he's a great guy. I wish he could've come so you could meet him, but he's back with the boys working on another album."

"That's great. Yeah, I would've loved to meet him. Maybe our families could meet up sometime."

"Ya maybe."

"Simba! C'mere!" I heard a voice behind Carly exclaim.

"Chris!" I exclaimed. I hadn't seen him in a while because Big Rob's been training him to be my bodyguard, and he was released from the military last week with other militia.

"Happy birthday big sis," he said as he hugged me. I felt someone tap my leg. I could tell it was Jesse, so I bent down where he was.

"Thanks," I replied.

"Happy biwthday!" he exclaimed as he hugged my neck.

"Aww! Thanks bud!" I replied. He pulled away. I heard someone whistle. Simba barked and came to me, nudging my hand. I grabbed his harness, and he led me to someone. I smelled an unfamiliar perfume.