Family Issues and Tattoos

This chapter is dedicated to @HarmonizerMixer4ever because you are just so sweet and caring. Thanks for that. This first little tidbit with Carter is thanks to you. Also, I may not be on wattpad that often because school's going on, and I have additional classes this year. One more thing, it's been about 14 months since I first got a wattpad! Thanks to @CatDixson, who showed me wattpad. It's hard to believe it all started with a Niall Horan fanfic.

Gracie

~~~

Recap: "Carter, I need to tell you something, but you can't tell anyone, not even Karla," Rydel said worriedly.

"What is it?" I asked her. She took a deep breath before answering those two words I wished I would never have to hear from my teenage sister again.

"I'm pregnant."

~~~

Rydel's POV

Carter's face paled.

"What? H-how?" she asked.

"Um I-I was at school and my teacher, Andrew Jacobs, h-he found out that you're my sister. H-he had me stay after class, a-and he r-raped me," I told her. She sank into a seat beside her. "C-Carter?"

"That's my dad," she told me suddenly.

"Wh-what?"

"My dad's name is Andrew Jacobs, and he's a teacher now. How can I be so stupid! I knew he would go after someone I love, and I knew it would probably my little sister! Ugh I'm an idiot!" She yelled. I rested my hand on her shoulder, and she looked up.

"You're not an idiot. What happened? Who is Andrew?"

"You know how mama's adoptive mother and father died?"

"Yeah, I vaguely do."

"Well, they were my adoptive parents before mama adopted me."

"Wait, you mean she was your sister?"

"Yes she was. Anyway, she had a brother, Andrew, and he was the only biological child of our 'parents'. He had sex with his girlfriend, and she got pregnant. Our 'parents' found out and forced him to keep the baby since his girlfriend didn't want it. I was born and taken into the Jacobs' household. Andrew took an instant disliking to me, and he would abuse me when I was just a baby, and he started raping me when I was three. Mama walked in on him raping me one day and beat him up. He ran out on us that day, and his parents, Carly and James, took me in. Carly abandoned us not too long after I turned 7, and James abused mama and I. When she got pregnant with you and Karla, it got even worse. She was abused more when James found out, and she just let him to keep him from hurting me. After you two were born, Caitlyn, well, now she's Dani, watched y'all and kept y'all safe from James. Mama knew she had to fight back because y'all would be orphans if she let him kill her, and she didn't want y'all to live that way. She experienced that when we were younger, and she would never want her kids to go through that. Not to mention James knew about her sexuality and hated her because of that."

"But what's so bad about being a lesbian?"

"Well, back then, it wasn't a good thing to be gay or lesbian or any of that. It just was a bad thing. Society believed that you had to be perfect, and in being perfect, you had to be straight. I know you don't care that mama and mom are lesbian, but then it wasn't a good thing being them." I nodded, and she continued.

"When we found out that Demi is Dani and mama's older sister and that they were almost 18, mama, or then to me Dylan, promised me that she would adopt me after she turned 18. Demi was my legal guardian for a little while, then Dylan became my legal guardian, and later she became mama. I always have looked up to her like that, but she was never my mother, she just took care of me as a real mother would do."