Time To Save Mum

Jacob's POV

"Cher, you're okay. Ana, Jacob and Craig won't hurt you, we promise," I heard Perrie say to mum. Her and Jade had been trying to coax her out of the guest room for an hour. We were finally back at home, all in one piece. Well, minus the fact that I still have a stab wound, and mum won't come near us. She hasn't spoken one word to anyone since they came back from England a week ago. Well, anyone except Jade and Perrie. I peeked in the room. Mum was huddled in the corner with Jade kneeling beside her, and Perrie was standing with dad. Dad came out of the room solemnly, and I ran up the steps. Perrie followed him, and Jade soon walked out of the room and closed the door.

"Jacob Ryan Monk, come down here now," I heard Jade say. Uh oh. I walked down the steps. "I saw you outside the door. What were you doing?"

"I wanted to make sure that mum was okay," I answered.

"She's okay. She's just scared. I think she's always gonna have that suspicion in the back of her mind that someone will hurt her, but she's okay right now," she told me. "Don't worry about her. You should go chill and call Karla, I know you two haven't seen each other in a while." I blushed.

"Um, yeah, well...we broke up. Like, right before mum and the girls went on the mission," I replied sheepishly. It's been about a month since we broke up, and now I'm dating someone else. Well, I wish I could say I was.

"Who is it? I know by the look on your face you like somebody, so who is it?" Jade asked.

"Um..IlikeRiver," I mumbled.

"Who? Say it slower."

"I....like....River." Her face lit up.

"OMG! I can't believe you like my best friend's daughter! You two would be an adorable couple though."

"I don't even know if she likes me back."

"Oh trust me, she does. I can tell by the way she looks at you."

"You really think so?"

"I know so. Why don't you go over to Dylan's place and ask her out on a date?"

"I think I'll do just that." I ran outside after telling dad where I was going. I grabbed my keys and headed to my car. I drove over to Dylan's house that's just 20 minutes away and got out of the car. Before I could knock on the door, Avery opened it and hugged my legs. I let her climb onto my back, and I gave her a piggyback ride into the house. I spotted River on her own in the corner with her phone. I set Avery down and walked over to River. "Come take a walk with me," I whispered.

"Sure," she said in her thick English accent as she put away her phone and stood up. "Mum, I'm going to take a walk with Jacob."

"Alright lass, have fun," Jesy replied in her fake Scottish accent. Dani laughed. River and I walked out the door and down the road a ways.

"What did you want to talk about Jake?" She asked me using my nickname.

"Um, well, uh...." I trailed off. I had stopped walking, and so had she. I looked her in the eyes and decided to show her how I feel rather than tell her. I leaned in and pushed my lips on hers as I closed my eyes. She was taken aback at first, but she kissed back after a few seconds. Our lips fit together perfectly, like they were meant to be together. I pulled away and opened my eyes. "W-Will you go out with me?" I asked her. She smiled and pecked my lips. She was still extremely close to my face as she looked into my eyes.

"Does that answer your question?" She asked me.

"Yes," I answered. I put my arm around her shoulder as we walked back to Dylan's house. We smiled and laughed all the way back. I had never been this happy in my life.