What The H*ll Nick?!

Demi's POV

My phone started ringing as soon as we got the twins to sleep. Nick and I groaned. I pulled it out of my pocket, and surprisingly it was Dylan. I put it on speaker so August, Nick and I could hear it. We were in the living room, so the twins couldn't hear it from down the hall.

"Hello?" I greeted.

"Hey Demi, is the rest of the fam around?" Dylan said.

"August and Nick are here, but the twins are asleep," I replied.

"Hey little sis!" Nick exclaimed playfully.

"Hey aunt Dylan!" August exclaimed.

"Hey guys! So I need to tell you guys something."

"Shoot away," I told her.

"Well, um, Dani and I got some information for headquarters about James."

"About James? But he's been dead 16 years!" Nick exclaimed in his confusion.

"Yeah, well, it turns out, Joe didn't actually kill him. We have to go on a mission to figure out who the killer is. We already have a few leads. Cher told us we have someone else going with us, and he wants to talk to all of us tomorrow. Could you guys come by the house then?"

"Of course, but who is this 'someone else'?" Nick asked.

"You guys are gonna kill us, so we'll let you find out."

"Dylan Nicole Lovato, tell us now," I told her.

"Ugh, fine. Please don't kill me though, and keep in mind that the twins are asleep. It's Joe." I really wanted to yell, but I kept my cool.

"Why would you agree to go on a mission with him?" Nick hissed.

"We're being forced to. If we don't, all of us will lose our positions on the force," Dylan defended.

"Ok, we'll be there tomorrow Dylan. Do Karla and Rydel know who he is?" I replied.

"Yeah, they found out about everything today. They hated him at first, but I think they're warming up to him. Demi, he's really changed. When he came, he immediately apologized to everyone, even Rachel! I can tell he actually meant it too," Dylan replied. "Look, I have to go. I'll see y'all tomorrow?"

"Yeah, bye Dylan. Love you baby girl," I replied.

"Bye Aunt Dylan!" August said.

"Bye Dylan," Nick told her calmly. I knew he was fuming on the inside. He looked down at his phone, and he got even angrier.

"Bye guys, love y'all," Dylan said as she hung up the phone. August kissed my cheek and went to bed. Nick pulled me into our room.

"What the h*ll Demi!" he yelled. Thank God the walls are soundproof.

"What?" I asked.

"Why did you never tell me August isn't my son?!" Nick exclaimed. My face drained of color. How did he find out?

"How-who-?"

"Craig just told me. Why the h*ll would you keep that from me?!"

"Nick, we weren't together when I got pregnant. Besides, I thought you would've guessed because of his last name."

"I thought his last name was Lovato because we weren't married yet, and you didn't wanna go through the trouble if changing his name when we got married! Besides Demi, you never did anything with Niall, not as far as I knew."

"Why would I tell you about my sexual life?!"

"I thought we were close enough that you would have told me!"

Consequences (Book 2 In Secrets Trilogy)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara