Ch. 4

Throughout the rest of the day I spent it swimming or doing whatever. It was what I'd normally do on a regular day, dinner time felt different without my parents. I should be used to it, being alone.

I sat at the front of the table looking at the empty chairs. Sinu walked in the dinning room serving food on my plate and poured my drink in my cup. "Anything else señorita Lauren?" I looked up at her. "Sinu have you eaten yet?" She thought about her answer for a bit. "Yes" I knew she was lying. "Do you mind eating with me?" "Uhmm I don't-" I cut her off. "Please, eat with me?" "Here? Next to you?" She looked kind of nervous. I giggled at her reaction. "Yes, Sinu eat here, with me, now. Serve yourself a plate and come eat with me." She sighed in defeat. "Si señorita." I was taught to not eat until everyone was served and seated at the table. Sinu walked back in with her plate and sat next to me. We started eating when I remembered Camila probably hadn't eaten yet. "Sinu where's daughter?" She covered her mouth with her napkin while she finished chewing. "She's in the kitchen washing the dishes ma'am." "Can you tell her to serve her self and to come join us and tell her that it's an order." Sinu excused her self and was about to walk out when I stopped her. "Oh and Sinu?" "Si señorita" "Bring me back some more of your delicious potatoe?" She smiled and nodded and walked into the kitchen. Sinu then walked in smiling with the trey of potatoes and serious looking Camila following behind her with her own plate. Sinu served me the potatoes and walked back into the kitchen. Camila sat next to Sinu's spot and began eating with her head down. She felt me looking at her and looked up at me. I gave her a small smile but she ignored it went back to eating. Sinu walked back in and took her spot. We ate in silence until I spoke up. "So Camila how do feel working here?" She looked up with her face emotionless. "Fine." She said and went back to eating. "Are you having any difficulties with anything?" "Only some." She stared at me as in telling me I was part of that "some". "Well I'm sure Sinu could teach you, she does know how everything works around here. More than I know actually." I looked at Sinu and smiled at her while she chuckled back. "Im sure she does." Camila said in her serious voice. That's how dinner went on. I asked Camila a question and she would give me short answers in a serious tone.

We finished eating and Sinu and Camila began to clear the table. Camila went into the kitchen while Sinu stayed back." Señorita Lauren I'm sorry about my daughters' attitude, she usually can't stop talking." I gave her an apologetic smile. "Sinu it's ok, she's not used to me yet. Just give her time." She smiled back and left into the kitchen.

I was sleeping when I heard someone open and close my bedroom door. The lamp on my nightstand turned on. I turned to look at who turned it on and was surprised. "What are you doing?" I whispered yelled.