「045」

0 4 5

WE ARE BULLETPROOF PT. 2

══════↯══════

I perk my head up with surprise from Jiho's answer to my question. I never even had 'happy' as an answer in my mind. It may be a unique answer, but it certainly is the most realistic one out of the ones I already had in mind.

"I'll be honest with you Jiho, I was expecting a much different answer," I say while scratching the back of my head.

"Don't worry about it, it's just that I still don't know what I want to be when I graduate from school you know?" replied Jiho as he leaned back onto his seat, "The one thing I know for sure is that I want to be happy, so it doesn't really matter what I major in as long as it makes me happy."

"I see, now I truly understand why you and Yoonbyul get along so well with each other," I smile.

"Is that so?" chuckled Jiho, "She did play a big role in changing my perspective of life. Now enough of me, how about you Jungkook? What made you choose to become an idol?"

Jiho's sudden question made me choke back on my words, I wasn't really expecting to tell him my life story so soon, but I somehow already trust him enough to tell him everything.

"Well when I was younger, I was very ambitious. I pulled all-nighters at practice rooms instead of school, dancing and singing. I did all of that as if my life depended on it. I guess you could say that I gave up sleep for my dreams."

"A dream-driven person huh? I like you Jungkook, not a lot of people are willing to follow their dreams because they're constricted by society. Was it easy for you to enter this path?" asked Jiho this time while hugging a pillow like a child who was awaiting for the next page of a story book to be read to him.

"It was definitely not the easiest, but my family was super supportive. My limit was broken in the double standards and many oppositions at first, but I got lucky and was contacted by an agency."

"That's cool. What's the name of your idol group again? Sorry, I'm not very up to date with these kinds of things," said Jiho.

"It's alright, Yoonbyul didn't know either back then, my group's name is BTS, the meaning behind that is 'we are bulletproof'," I say awkwardly.

"I like the meaning behind that, it really strengthens the group's form. After talking to you today, you really seem like a bulletproof person Jungkook; nothing can stand in your way. I would love to your members one day too, if there's a chance."

"I'll be sure to get the word out, I'm sure my hyungs would love to meet you."

H A N E U L

I return to my dorm to continue reading the letter from my father. He usually doesn't write me handwritten letters himself. He always gets his secretary to type one up for him. I don't get why he never just sends me a direct message by texting me or emailing me, he's not even that old to not know how to use technology. Besides, he runs a company for pete's sake.

//Haneul. Son. It must be a shock receiving a hand-written letter from me isn't it? Don't expect another after this one, it'll never happen again. My secretary is on leave so I had to write this myself. I thought it would be nice to write an actual letter for a change; it has more of an impact on the importance of the matter if I genuinely write it myself. Please note that I will be paying a visit at your school next week just in time before your next break. The annual big camping trip this year will be sponsored by yours truly and I expect you to learn from this to take action in the future when you takeover the company. Remember son, you're still an amateur, I'm in the majors, you're expectancy rate of doing well is low in my books. Throw a stone at me if you've done as much as I did. I look forward to our meeting next week.//

I crumple my father's letter and throw it into the trash bin. His shit doesn't even deserve to be recycled. He always expects so little from me. Just look at my profile, there's nothing there yet, and why? Because my damn father never gives me chance to show what I'm capable of! If he actually genuinely treated me like his son, maybe I would still have some respect for him. 

I stare out the window, why did you have to leave so soon mom? Especially when I need you the most to comfort me at times like this? Fuck. I can't get emotional about stuff like this, even if father is a complete asshole who only cares about his money.

I storm out of my dorm and ran down the hall, I need a break from all this, more importantly, I need to figure out the date of when my father is visiting. He didn't even put the damn date in the letter. I run towards the office before crashing into someone.

"Ow, are you alright?" asked the person I bumped into.

"Yeah I'm fine, are you?" I say while brushing dust off my clothes, "Wait Yoonbyul? What are you doing at the office?"

"You should really watch where you're going Haneul," huffed Yoonbyul with a pout, "I should be the one asking you that question, why are you here?"

"I needed to confirm something with the office staff," I reply, "So are you going to tell me what you're doing here?"

"I got a message from the office when I was with Jungkook and a friend earlier, that's why I'm here," said Yoonbyul.

With Jungkook? I wince at the sound of his name. Why am I getting peeved about it? It's not like I have a problem with her always being with Jungkook. I let out a muffled laugh. They're close friends with each other after all, and I'm nothing but a bully who suddenly turned nice for a terrible reason. Sigh.

"What did the office staff talk to you about?" I asked with curiosity.

"Something about an event that's happening next week? They said that the person specifically asked for me to assist him with his work? I'm honestly still confused at why I was chosen, but I guess this is my chance to raise my volunteer credits," said Yoonbyul while searching for her thoughts.

Is it possible that the event she's talking about have to do with my father's visit next week? If it is, why would he specifically ask for Yoonbyul's assistance, it's not like he's familiar with her. Now that I think about it, our father's knew each other when we were both still young. There's no way he would remember Yoonbyul right? I've never brought her name up to him in nearly a decade and he's never seen her within that time as well.

Yoonbyul began to walk away but I quickly grabbed her wrist, "Hey Yoonbyul?"

"Yeah what else do you need Haneul?" she said while wriggling her wrist out of my hand.

"By any chance do you know the person who requested your assitance's name?"

Yoonbyul looked up for moment to think, "Ah right, they had the same last name as you, the person's name is Go Yongsun."