Chapter 1- A New Beginning

But this one does.

(Carry on from the last sentence in the first book, also this book is in the Readers POV)

I lean on the balcony of the BathHouse staring up at the stars. The lights were brighter than ever before after the attack of the Shadows two years ago. Things had become so much more peaceful. The spirits were content, me and Haku were closer than ever. It was what you could ever wish for...

But not entirely.

The death of our little girl would always leave a hole in our hearts. I had lost her during the fight with the Shadows, during all the blood I suppose it went unnoticed. I had felt excruciating pain, and after only finding out hours later... it was... horrific to say the least.

Haku never spoke of Chihiro, blaming her solely for the death of our baby girl. We had moved past the incident with the whole... him and Chihiro thing. Returning to the loving relationship we had so quickly abandoned.

A cool breeze blew my hair back from my face, I sighed as the wind chilled me enough so I wouldn't be sweating. Memories of the past burned its insignia in peoples minds.

It was just a painful thing to deal with.

I turned around to go back to work. Yubaba had reappeared, not speaking of her whereabouts for all those months. She didn't reassume her position in the house, claiming that she was not about that life anymore. She moved in with Zeniba and the two were as happy as could be, they were reunited and that was what mattered.

I slid open wooden doors, closing them after each entrance and exit. My bare feet padded across the wooden floors as I made my way back to the office.

My kimono, a thing of great beauty was a gift along with hundreds of others. They were gifts from the Spirits, as a thank you for saving them from disaster. Hakus gift had been an extremely high title of Rida. Or in other words 'Leader'.

My kimonos all symbolized something

My kimonos all symbolized something. The one I was currently wearing was highly respected as 'prosperity'.

After saving the Spirits from the Shadows I, myself had gained respect from many. Lin had become quite close with me as I struggled with emotions and coping with the trauma of everything that had happened.

I stepped into the office. Instantly spotting the black hair spread across the desk. His breathing was steady and even.

He was fast asleep.

Haku had been working hard to organize everything in the BathHouse. To keep everything running smoothly and counting the earnings of each successful night.

I did what I could to help, but he always wanted to know exactly everything that was happening. He said it helped him keep track of all the doings in this world we lived in.

I walked behind him, brushing hair from his face as a soft smile spread across my red lips. His peaceful look was enough to satisfy me. I pulled a woolen blanket off of one of the sofas and pulled it across his back. He shifted under the sudden warmth but his snores soon sounded once again.

"Sleep tight love" I whisper as I close the door and search for Lin.

•timeskip•

"You have to try the new rice that the chefs are making!" Lin pushed her chopsticks to my mouth as she tried to feed me the rice she was talking so greatly about.

"Lin! I've got my own rice! I'm fine" I mumble, as I close my mouth She jabs the chopsticks in between my lips forcing me to chew. I had to agree, the new recipe was amazing.

"Okay I get your point" I agree as I continue to chow on my own meal. The doors and windows were open, allowing a gentle wind to flow through the dining hall. "I know right?! Kiko came up with it and the customers love it!" She downed her meal quicker than you could say rice.

"Ahh... I guess it's back to work for me" Lin stood as she cleaned up her mess after eating. "See ya around Y/N!" She gives a little wave before she walks off, returning her dish to the kitchens and then heading back to the baths.

I too follow suite and I am soon back out on the ground floor surrounded by herbal waters and smelly Spirits. I weave through the multitudes of bodies until I'm up at the front desk.

"Need a break?" I step up into the little podium where the front desk sits. "Oh thank goodness your here Y/N! I'm needed out back. You sure you don't mind taking over?" Riu a frog spirit questions as he stands and gets his belongings. "I wouldn't have offered if I did" I say as I sit in the chair and Riu jumps off the podium. "I owe you!" He shouts as he rushes off towards the storage rooms.

The next few hours are spent greeting and handing out water tokens and steering Spirits in the correct way of their desired destinations. I can feel the sweat beading on my forehead so I pull my hair into a knot on top of my head as I continue to work.

Strong hands grasp my shoulders and a shock of fright pulses through my body. "Haku!!! You scared me senseless!" I stare up at the grinning lunatic as he leans over me and helps to hand out the tokens and greet spirits. "Sorry love, I just wanted to say hi" he smirks as he massages my shoulders.

"Well goodbye 'cause I'm working" I stay ticking off staff and their token intake as his warm, strong hands relax the tense muscles in my shoulders. "Your so beautiful, you know that?" He compliments me at random times each and every moment that we have to each other. "So I'm told" I say smartly continuing to try and ignore the sudden arousals that are spurring within me.

He chuckles as he jumps off the podium and begins to walk away. "Love you too!" He hollers over his shoulders as he disappears into the crowd.

"Love you more..."

A/N
Ok first chapter so that's why there isn't any angst or drama. ITS A STARTERRRR.

ANYWHO.

I pRaY that y'all see this and get a chance to read it.

Love you all!!

Cookies and cream,

-AA