Chapter 11- Deranged

Wide, sapphire eyes stare back with shock. His beautiful ocean orbs trail towards the cowering girl, whom had glistening horns coming from her black raven hair. Her opposite eye colours. Pale skin, my nose, small hands delicate lips. She was us. She was our daughter. She is the little baby I mourned for after losing what I thought I lost to the spiteful brat that was Chihiro.

The feeling of Kiseki grasping my shirt brings me back to reality. Her and Haku are holding each other's gaze, both of their heavy breaths puffing out of their mouths in an attempt to make sense. "How?" I whisper. Almost inaudible after the secret that had been spilled this night. "I-It's something like what happened to you I'm guessing..." When I died. He is talking about when I died and became a spirit. "So basically," I continue with a shaky voice. "I was Human when I was pregnant. I lost her. I didn't know how long I was pregnant for. But she died, and came back as a spirit?" My grip tightens on the little darlings kimono. Her short puffs of air becoming longer, sleepy. "I guess. But still, she was only what... a foetus? How did she become a three year old in the matter of a couple months" Haku stares at her bewildered. Eyes glassy he holds out his arms, Kiseki glances at the upturned palms and squirms our if my grasp. Almost jumping in to Hakus hug. The pair embrace as only a daughter and father could.

"How did she survive Haku, we need to eat. Who took care of her!?" I lean forward on the couch to pursue my point. It wasn't clicking until a light bulb went off and an overwhelmed gasp erupts for my mouth. The ghost. The spirit. The spirit that followed me around for so long in the bath house. Kiseki described her perfectly, that spirit was in the house when we were all attacked Im sure of it. There was no doubt now in my mind that the floating wicked shadow took our daughter.

Yet a strange gratefulness claims my body.

Haku and Kiseki stay on the ground. Clinging to one another. Haku holds back his emotions while our lost daughter sobs with an overflow of emotion. The painful yet touching sight warms me and a smile creeps to my lips. I catch his gaze and we share a knowing look. Both delighted, confused and quite honestly scared. How was one to describe such an event? This stuff doesn't just happen out of the blue. These things are just a coincidence.

They aren't just a coincidence.

The key.

Swivelling in my seat I peer at the mahogany desk. The drawer where Haku stuffed the charm away. Scolding me for laying a finger on it as if it could ruin me, tear me apart. The necklace around my neck stings again.

"What's the charm about Haku?" I ask turning to face him. His gaze meets mine and shakes his head no. Not yet. We have to wait until Kiseki is asleep before we could talk about such manners.

It must be serious....

***
A lazy arm is draped around my waist as I watch the flames lick against the chimney. His chest rises and falls with each breath, tickling my neck and blowing stray strands of hair across my cheek. "What if it is all planned Haku" I whisper. Not wanting to believe such thoughts. Another war. More deaths. More chaos. More depression.

"What do you mean?" He questions. Flipping me over so our faces are mere centimetres apart. His breath is like wispy kinda fingers smoothing out the stressed lines in my face. "I mean, what if something bigger is going on behind the scenes" I can't meet his gaze, my eyes opt to stare at his chin instead. He sighs exasperated. "Y/N" he croaks, suddenly full with emotions. He gently grabs my chin between his thumb and finger. Tilting my face upwards to meet his own field of vision. "We've dealt with this sort of thing before. We will be ready this time" his two hands encompass my waist. Bunching in my kimono as his eyes well up. "Be Happy That our daughter is alive. Breathing. Here" he sighs and hides his face in the crook of my neck. Body wracking with tears and built up oppression. Running a soothing hand up along his back I pepper kisses along his head. He holds me tight. "I am happy Haku, I just worry....". His cries soften to meeker hushed tones and his face stays hidden in my neck. "You worry too much Y/N" he murmurs, lips tickling sensitive skin. He takes a deep breath and sighs "If you hadn't of come to this messed up abandoned music park, I'd still be working for Yubaba, slaving away doing her dirty work" he begins to sprinkle soft pecks along my neck, working towards my jawline and pausing to murmur against the flushed skin. "I'd still be lonely" he kisses my jaw. "I'd still be black and blue with abuse" he kisses my chin. "And I would still miss you. Even if I never met you. I would mourn for the part of me that was missing. The part I need to be whole" He envelops your lips with a full kiss, I answer to his wishes copying his movements in slow and sensual actions. The pair of us become deranged in an onslaught of muddled feelings and soon enough the office is filled with heavy breathing.

{I won't do a lemon scene simply because I'm wary of young readers. I don't know the common age of ya'll so I'm gonna skip the whole... yeah}

The next day smiles bask about the house in the evening dusk. Eating dinner everybody laugh and is in jolly moods. Kiseki, Haku and I sit at the head of the table In seldom contentment. Our family was whole.

For now.

A/N
And there you have it. I'm actually getting more active believe it or not. I'm quite shocked at myself.

Cookies and cream,

-AA