Chapter 2- Trouble

The war with the Shadows would always leave a scar in my mind. It would never go away, I knew this and I grew accustomed to it.

They were still out there. Slowly dying away with no leader to show them a way to live. They only knew how to survive by others commands. None of them had their own way of thinking. None of them were unique.

I pulled the warm woolen blankets around me tighter as I felt the rays of the sun warm my face. I groaned and flipped on my side, now facing the snoring chest of Haku. He subconsciously wrapped his arms around my frame, a small smile splaying on his lips at the mere feel of me.

I sighed and snuggled into him, seeking warmth and some sort of darkness from the dawn.

I didn't get much comfort.

A loud thud sounded from outside our bedroom door. I groggily opened my eyes as I felt a pair of strong arms grab me around my waist and pull me out from under the safety of my blankets. I kicked anywhere my foot would meet and I punched anything my fist could reach.

"Haku!" I yelled as he flipped onto his side and his eyes flickered open. It took him a mere second to realize what was going on before he leaped to his feet and ran for the man holding me hostage.

"Take one more step and see what happens Master"

•••

Chihiro's POV

I took another sip from my smoothie as I flicked a piece of hair over my shoulder. The boy before me compared nothing to Haku and I was trying my best not the laugh at his pathetic attempts to seduce me.

"So you go to the gym a lot huh?" I ask the skinny man across the table. I was still trying g to figure out why the hell I had agreed to come in this date. But I knew it was for my own health. I needed to stop dwelling over what I've lost and get refocused on real life.

But I still want to kill Y/N.

"Yeah, it's a breeze. I lift 20kgs every day"  he looks so proud of himself as he attempts to flex his bony arms.

I'd say you stare at the weight and try and exercise that tiny brain of yours.

"Sure" I say uninterested as I spin the contents In my cup around with my straw. I wanted to go back to him. To kiss him.

But of course she just had to show up.

Haku had talked about Ai before. It was a brief conversation, not one he was willing to uphold for a long time. I suppose he was staring to realize that he wasn't In love with me.

But I loved him.

And what I want is what I get.

"Lee, I'm sorry but I gotta go. Family business" I state as I slap down a few yen and grab my coat. "Let me walk you home! I'm sure you d-" I rolled my eyes as I swung open the doors into the chilly air. "I'm perfectly capable of walking home."  I stepped outside and just before the door closes his scrawny hand stops it and before he speaks I cut him off.

"Alone"

As I walk down the street towards my two-story house, I can't help but feel my mind wonder off to an ideal life. One with me and Haku, ruling the spirit world.

And that other brat is dead.

I shrug and jam my key into the lock. Turning it until I hear the second click. Pushing open the creaking wooden door would prove difficult to some, due to its weight. But I did it with ease.

I collapsed onto the couch and lay with my face pressed into the cushions.

Something stirs behind me, a soft breeze blows in my neck and a shiver runs down my spine. "Who there?" I mumble as I stand up searching the room.

"I am" a melodic voice responds. It sounded like a woman...

"Who are you? Where are you show yourself!" I grab the baseball bat by the door and stand ready to fight.

"No need for that dear. I just want to know how you feel..." it sing songed while its voice bounced off the walls.

With my eyebrows knit together I take a seat on the sofa.

"Alright, let's begin"

•Readers POV•

The grip around my waist was suffocating. I clawed at the hairy arms encasing me while I stared at Haku for help. He looked at me and back at the man. "Let her go." Haku growled as he took a step further.

"One more step Master and she is dead" the voice behind me was... it sounded familiar...

I growled again and I looked at Haku. He seemed to get where I was going with the sudden ordeal.

"Fine" he said as he backed up. He kept walking until he was at the exit doors and back out on the wrap around balcony.

I grinned and I twisted in the mans grasp. A light surrounded me and my muscles stretched and bones clicked.

I stared down at the all to familiar man and dig my claws into his chest.

"Your dead Y/N"

A/N
I'm gonna do a competition.

It's a chance for one of y'all to have one of your characters or an OC in the story!!

More details next time!

Cookies and cream,

-AA